Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Snake crawling on the ceiling

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Snake crawling on the ceiling

Postby jayd95 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:34 am

I had a really bad nightmare of a snake crawling along the ceiling above my bed where I was sleeping.I then fell off the ceiling and all I saw was black. It was so bad that I woke up and jumped out of bed and ran straight to the right to turn it on. I was panting and had a heavy heart rate. It was so realistic that in the moment I even checked around my bed after to se if I could find it after it fell. Stupid knowing that snakes wouldn't be able to crawl on the ceiling nor would I have one in my house! Please help tell me what this means.
jayd95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Snake crawling on the ceiling

Postby Unclesid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 pm

I took some definitions from the dream dictionary. I dunno if it'll help but there's a few here.

"To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced."
"More specifically, to see a snake on your bed suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. "
There's some positive stuff on there as well, but i don't think the nightmare has anything to do with that(it might if it had a specific color)

I think somethings tempting you, or someone around you is making you uneasy. It could be an uneasy stress induced nightmare from someone around you attacking you when you're most vulnerable. That's my two cent i suppose, sounds scary for sure.
Unclesid
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Archetypally in many cultures snakes represent deep and spiritual - or ontological - wisdom. Dream objects that are black are things you cannot know or perceive. Whatever you decide the snake might lead you to, no doubt that it is above you. My hunch from this acontextual image is that it does not refer to something that it bothers you not to understand, rather you don't know what you don't know. Seems to reflect an internal change, some personal mental or soulful development that happens without your intent. Upshot: you need to be thru leading a selfish meaningless life.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby lukiusjohn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 am

the nature of that type of snake is to constrict to death, i don't know if it is something spiritual you should pray to God about, or if it is a warning of something to come that is going to be constricting on your life, if it was that real, i would recommend taking it more seriously then just a dream,
lukiusjohn
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:12 pm

sj overinterprets. There is no constricting or aggression in the dream.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors