Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Disturbed

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Disturbed

Postby .-. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm

I had a dream which really disturbed me, I could feel the pain from it even after I woke up.
It was all dark and I couldn't see anything, until the needle came (like a sewing needle). I could only see it and my left arm, the needle ran along the upper part of my upper left arm. It didn't hurt at first, and my impression was that my other arm was holding it though I couldn't see my arm nor felt connected to the rest of my body (later on I did). But then it started scratching and speeding up in how fast it ran along that section, until finally it was ripping my flesh apart. There was no blood, and apparently there needed to be so now, it was evidently my arm controlling it took it to my wrist where it turned into a dull blade that tore my skin as it was run from my wrist to just above my elbow. Still no blood but it hurt, a lot. this was repeated with my other arm only I couldn't see that arm or the instrument being used. Then on my lower leg it was sliced open. Somehow I knew there was no blood and that there needed to be and that this would continue until there was. I tried to wake myself up, something that I can normally do but I couldn't. The dream sequence didn't end though as my dad woke me up to ask me a question... I still felt the immense pain in those locations and my mind felt not so much as mind fog but sorta numb like I wasn't really there. I know I was as I sent messages to people which are still there now. This disturbs me though it the amount of cuts and depth of it would be enough to make sure one was dead but no blood just immense pain? I've been dealing with things and admitting them and allowing my life to be better. Now isn't when I feel like I am in pain I feel like life is worth living... am I out of sync with part of myself? It all felt so real...
.-.
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Disturbed

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Our arms are for reaching out into the world to have an effect, to make a difference. We might contribute or harm.
In this example excoriating the arm suggests regret over something that dreamer has done, and sarcificing the instrument, symbolically that transgressed.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Our arms are for reaching out into the world to have an effect, to make a difference. We might contribute or harm.
In this example excoriating the arm suggests regret over something that dreamer has done, and sarcificing the instrument, symbolically that transgressed.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby .-. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Sheena wrote:Our arms are for reaching out into the world to have an effect, to make a difference. We might contribute or harm.

This would make sense but why now, why when I feel like I have success and why the darkness. I couldn't see anything except what I fixated on, and now that I think about it, it really comes from a time in which I cried for help in wrong ways... I don't normally think about it but 5 years ago I did place two small cuts on my upper left arm. I remembered when I checked and saw the scars.... the arm and the cutting of the arm I sorta understood already. What's really bothering me was the need for the cuts to bleed and why weren't they. Not only that but way was it so dark... smh I guess after all it was just a dream. Processing emotions and what not... so odd.
.-.
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Good integration by dreamer. The job is done.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors