Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Shadow Figure Consumed

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Shadow Figure Consumed

Postby CagedSiren » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Hello,
Since I had this dream I felt like I haven’t been the same, headaches, dazed and honestly in another world. It was a normal night where I just went to sleep pretty early. I don’t remember how the dream started but I do remember the end of it. I was in my bedroom where I thought I finally woke up. I am sitting upright where I see a shadow figure, the figure didn’t have any eyes but I can feel it staring at me. Once I saw the figure it moved to the right extremely fast to where it turned into a black blur so I quickly tried to turn on the light but once I started reaching for it the shadow figure was on top of me and holding me down. Sorry for any sensitive readers but the figure started to rape me then the figure quickly turned into my biological father (he was very abusive to my mother and abandoned all of us a long time ago). When the figure morphed into my biological father I tried to scream to get my mothers attention (her room is right by mine) and pray but the figure muffled my screams by going into my body through my mouth, where basically I consumed the figure. That’s when I woke up...like I said at the beginning I haven’t really been the same since then. I’ve been feeling sick and extremely tired. Please help me find the meaning of this dream.
CagedSiren
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Shadow Figure Consumed

Postby Noodles95 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 am

I'm sorry this nightmare sounds horrible..
I'm not sure if i can help with your headaches, but I would like to try and tell you my interpretation of the dream. hopefully it will help you.

To dream of being raped is associated with a lack of control in your waking life. It’s an expression of helplessness and anger. it usually doesn't have much to do with sexuality.

to dream of being watched -say by a shadowy figure, can sometimes have a feeling of self-consciousness or a fear of being observed by others, or a heightened concern about others' opinions or motives somehow in your life.

the part about the shadow going into your mouth may signify your need to express yourself, or talk about an issue that's bothering you, prevented from expressing your anger and other negative emotions. If you dream of your mouth being closed by someone you know, that person is dominating you in your waking life.A mouth can also sometimes represent sexual desires in your waking life. perhaps your father is preventing you from seeing other people because you felt neglected or anger that you can't let go?

I apologize, I don't know the relationship with your father. but I would like to know, are you afraid of becoming like him? perhaps you are realizing this and feeling dreadful?

I truly hope this helps. and again this is just my interpretation of your dream. I hope you feel better.
Noodles95
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Shadow Figure Consumed

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:22 pm

When dreamer thinks about father, reflexively seeks proximity to mother. There's the family triangle that is stunting your growth.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors