Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

My Horrible Nightmare

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

My Horrible Nightmare

Postby Coconut412 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:41 am

I am preventing that what I am about to tell could shock some of you. English is not my first language but I will try to be accurate :nodding: .
First of all, I want to point out that I am used to having some bad dreams (predictable and common) like a stranger who kills me or a stranger who wants to rob my house etc., and I am usually not scared (I am a thrill seeker :ecstatic: ) and it has been a long time since the last time I had a serious nightmare...

I don't remember how things started, but I was walking in the snowy mountains (there was a snowy road with trees in both sides with a slope on the right) and I noticed that there was a tribal-like kid who was collecting something, like tree branches I guess. Suddenly, a big brown bear appeared in my sight and rushed towards the kid :o
The scene was about 10 meters from my position, I couldn't do a thing, the kid didn't see the bear coming behind him :worry:. It devoured him like a beast... I saw flesh and blood... organs that fell... everything :shock: . I have gone mad :x , I began to scream and rushed towards the beast. Then a man (probably his/her dad) appeared to kill it, without success (I think he was unarmed). When the bear tried to devour me, I tried to control it's jaw with my bare hands and then I pushed it towards the "cliff" (I guess) and that's when I woke up.

Please let me know your thoughts about this confusing and horrible dream :? , I have searched meanings behind those elements without success :computer:
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: My Horrible Nightmare

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:25 pm

This dream is far from unsavory. It has classical elements and archetypes of dream theory, so it is amusing and interesting, actually a good one to start with for interpretation skill.
First, all elements of the dream are the dreamer.
Devouring represents inclusiveness, taking in some type of energy to be part of self - leading to wholeness and growth.
Here that is the child-mind, with curiosity wonderment innocence and trust in sensual perception. A need or wish for that state of mind as you live.
Killing reflects change, eliminating something so better can replace it. Would that bear be dreamer's rage or greed in some sense?
The 'dad', dreamer is relaxed about, possibly confident in capacity to define a task and complete it independently. Notice dreamer's own image immediately mimics the success.
Cliff suggest anticipates a major life change near term.
All these are growth oriented imagery! That the images are grotesque is simply the pictorial 'language' of the unconscious, further validating this meaning.
One detail may be worthy of lingering: 'controlling the jaw' refers to desire to manage the speech of someone powerful in relationship to dreamer, as if hurt by what is said, or what dreamer herself says. Is it "shithole"?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:25 pm

This dream is far from unsavory. It has classical elements and archetypes of dream theory, so it is amusing and interesting, actually a good one to start with for interpretation skill.
First, all elements of the dream are the dreamer.
Devouring represents inclusiveness, taking in some type of energy to be part of self - leading to wholeness and growth.
Here that is the child-mind, with curiosity wonderment innocence and trust in sensual perception. A need or wish for that state of mind as you live.
Killing reflects change, eliminating something so better can replace it. Would that bear be dreamer's rage or greed in some sense?
The 'dad', dreamer is relaxed about, possibly confident in capacity to define a task and complete it independently. Notice dreamer's own image immediately mimics the success.
Cliff suggest anticipates a major life change near term.
All these are growth oriented imagery! That the images are grotesque is simply the pictorial 'language' of the unconscious, further validating this meaning.
One detail may be worthy of lingering: 'controlling the jaw' refers to desire to manage the speech of someone powerful in relationship to dreamer, as if hurt by what is said, or what dreamer herself says. Is it "shithole"?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 am

Thank you Sheena.
Well, my conclusion is close to yours, this is about positive change in my life. For the fight between me and the bear, I would say that it represents the hardships that I confronted successfully... something like that.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Nice to see how this dreamer integrates and defines this dream.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Thank you for your interpretation, Sheena.
This dream discussion is now closed.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors