Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

black and white lines accompanied by siren

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

black and white lines accompanied by siren

Postby abbynormal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 pm

I was rudely awoken by a bunch of alternating white and black horizontal lines scrolling to the left of my brain's visual field, accompanied rhythmically by a high-pitched air-raid-siren-like sound but very rapidly cycling, matching the rhythm of the black and white lines going by, and it caused me to jump up in bed and yell "WHOAGAWDDD!!" it took me a while to fall back asleep after that, with my night light turned on. :o :shock: :whoa:
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: black and white lines accompanied by siren

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:49 pm

But you figured out how to write a siren sound, so it can't be all bad.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Dreaming Life » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm

That sounds pretty wild. I’ve been woken by loud bangs, like gunshots and bombs before. I haven’t had quite those visuals, but I’m sure I’ve had something similar, like a TV test signal or something? Were you over tired when you went to sleep, or had a late night partying? I sometimes think these sorts of things are synapses misfiring, making the brain version of a computer glitch. Pretty damn scary whatever it is.
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby abbynormal » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Dreaming Life wrote:That sounds pretty wild. I’ve been woken by loud bangs, like gunshots and bombs before. I haven’t had quite those visuals, but I’m sure I’ve had something similar, like a TV test signal or something? Were you over tired when you went to sleep, or had a late night partying? I sometimes think these sorts of things are synapses misfiring, making the brain version of a computer glitch. Pretty damn scary whatever it is.

it seemed an ordinary evening, 2 days after a somewhat alarming hospital visit [busted blood vessel in retina], it just awoke me outta the blue after about an hour of sleep. :o
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors