Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreaming of orphans being murdered

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Dreaming of orphans being murdered

Postby emcat23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Last night I dreamt that I was part of a group of caretakers for a bunch of children in Africa or Haiti - not certain, but all the children were of color. We were attacked by a violent drug cartel. They slaughtered the children with knives and I grabbed two children, ran and found a place to hide. I held them close and we cried as we could hear the violence taking place around us. Then we were found and the man stabbed the children and said to me, I'll be back for you. The dream felt so real, I swear I could smell blood as the children whimpered and died in my arms. All I kept saying was "my baby, my sweet baby" as I held them. Then I woke up in tears. I've never had children, have never been out of the country and none of the children were familiar to me in real life. It's not often that I have such vibrant dreams. Please help me figure this out, I feel like it has to mean something.
emcat23
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dreaming of orphans being murdered

Postby Dreaming Life » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:08 am

Have you ever want children? How old are you, approximately I mean? Can you have children. I’m just wondering if your thinking subconsciously that you’ve missed out on having children, or, if you’re young, your subconscious is worried that life is getting too serious and mean and robbing you of your childhood innocence?
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Dreaming of orphans being murdered

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Color suggests varied emotions and character traits. But you mean black or brown. Those dream tones refer to being unknown, unknowable and to ka-ka, with the implied negative value intact. Donald Judd points out the brown of an inferior artist as the color obtained by children mixing together all their paints.
Blood, or sanguinity usually refers to happiness, contentment.
Consider this slaughter of innocents as inner personal change of self away from innocence, perhaps for a job, a romance, a relocation - but those are idle guesses and dreamer will know about what she feels this way, some aspect of maturation producing current discomfort. Perhaps needing to recognize an excessive or hasty commitment.
To whom is it that the dream words apply:
emcat23 wrote:my sweet baby
? And how do they apply to self?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors