Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreams about demons for an atheist

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Dreams about demons for an atheist

Postby nics1026 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:45 pm

When I was a Catholic (until age of 13) I used to have frequent nightmares about hell, demons, and Satan. The last dream I had (before this recent dream) terrified me to the core and caused me not to sleep well for a week.
In this dream, I opened my eyes to find myself lying in my bed. I felt like I was awake in real life. My room looked normal. Everything felt normal. Then, I noticed a darkness in the corner of the room. For whatever reason, I felt that it was my brother. I told the shadow (thinking it was my brother) to leave and it didnt move. It stood very still. I noticed now that I couldn't move at all. I told him to leave again, and a feeling of terror spread throughout my chest. Then the shadow leapt on to my chest and wrapped its black hands around my throat. I couldn't move or do anything but scream for help for a few seconds before I woke up.
I am 18 now and mostly have somewhat pleasant dreams, and I rarely dream about demons or even have nightmares. However, in last night's dream, I had been living with my girlfriend and my family in a very large mansion that felt familiar, as if I had been living there for quite some time. Then, all the lights turned off and everyone was gone. I searched the mansion for a while before I found myself in a room that was unfamiliar. It was pitch black. I turned back towards the door and then could not move. Then, something familiar appeared in mu hands: my guitar. My hands started playing a really creepy song uncontrollably, and a light flicked on in the hallway. The door to the hallway was cracked and light from the hallway was a dark orange. My hands kept playing the music and I was terrified. I felt as if something was coming towards the door, but I didnt know what. I woke up in a sweat.
I'm just curious as to what these dreams mean, if anything.
nics1026
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dreams about demons for an atheist

Postby murph » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am

Sometimes churches place too much emphasis on the Satan and darkness as opposed to Divine light love kindness gentleness etc.. think more on truth, beauty or simply what's pleasent.
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors