Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Four legged crawling monster?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Four legged crawling monster?

Postby Crusty.maymays » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Ok so this isn't one of my personal dreams, but a dream of a friend I care alot about. She said she's been seeing this four legged monster in her dreams since she was 8, and it terrifies her. I only found out about this recently since she took a trip to Pakistan. She hasn't slept properly in a week because she says every time she closes her eyes she sees it. She slept for 3 hours today and only 2 hours yesterday so she isn't exactly in the best place mentally because of it. Ontop of this all she has depression which isn't helping either. I'll provide a little description of the monster below.

The monster- Crawls on its knees of its four legs, it has a really long neck, longer than it's torso. It's head is huge and has eyes on either side of the head like a hammerhead shark, and it's mouth is enormous, like a ':D' face. She says when she looks at it she sees her life and death, and eventually dies in the dream in some horrible way. One time it screamed at her and she died because of it. I would provide an illustration but I can't draw and she's so terrified of it that she can't draw it without having a panic attack. If any of you have an answer to this or atleast some way of combating it so she can sleep and get back to a healthy mental state, I will be so grateful. Incase I forget about this, if you have an answer send me a dm on instagram, @crusty.maymays. I'll definitely see it on there. Thank you for your time.

*EDIT*
I was informed of a creature from an anime by one of my friends that is very similar to what she sees by description, it's called a Safeguard from the Anime BLAME!, here is 2 pictures of it. The one with the extended neck is the most similar, the only thing it's missing is it doesn't crawl on its knees and it doesn't have the huge face.
Picture with extended neck: https://manga.tokyo/wp-content/uploads/ ... 5d25e5.jpg

Picture without extended neck: https://previewsworld.com/SiteImage/Cat ... 428?type=1
Crusty.maymays
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Four legged crawling monster?

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:51 pm

The monster is the dreamer herself. The response of dying is what is interesting, but this report does not say what happens. All we can comment on is the concept. Facing this deformed and despised aspect of self, the dreamer ceases to be, therefore does not really face or experience it. Profound denial or wish for that. Basically a dream about avoidance. Beyond that the maladaptation is used for attention-getting, and this poster abets that.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Crusty.maymays » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Sheena wrote:The monster is the dreamer herself. The response of dying is what is interesting, but this report does not say what happens. All we can comment on is the concept. Facing this deformed and despised aspect of self, the dreamer ceases to be, therefore does not really face or experience it. Profound denial or wish for that. Basically a dream about avoidance. Beyond that the maladaptation is used for attention-getting, and this poster abets that.

Thank you for the information, she just tried to sleep again and she said that she saw something come behind her and stab her through the neck, dying instantly. While I disagree with the thing about seeking attention. She tells me she has some control in the dream, she can run from it but because it feels so real she doesn't want to fight it. It's confusing I know, but I want to do anything to help her. Do you have any recommendations on how she can fight it or atleast lessen how often it appears? The main thing she is scared of is seeing her death and it happens in every dream which is why she doesn't want to sleep.
Crusty.maymays
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Your rescue-fantasy is keeping her sick and in despair. Stop being so interested in the symptoms. If she is a grown woman, then a big girl takes care of herself. If she want help, she will find on her own professionals to help her. If she is a child you have no business in these parental attitudes. And if you are her parent, then you should not be in a romantic relationship with her.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors