Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Large bathtub,clear water,bright light,church construction

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Large bathtub,clear water,bright light,church construction

Postby anjas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:54 am

Hello everyone! I had a dream last night, and I wouldn't call it a nightmare but I got jerked out of sleep and woke up feeling pretty disturbed. So, of course, I only remember fragments and I'm sure there was a beginning to this dream which I can't seem to recall. So what I do remember is being in a building that had walls but was obviously still under construction. It's nightime but the room I'm in is illuminated with bright light coming from high above that almost feels like a spotlight, and everything around the edge of the light is pure darkness. In the center of the room (that is not as wide as it is tall) is a huge white bathtub that looks empty at first. It looks like a regular bathtub but it's the size of a smaller pool. At the next moment I'm in the bathtub, naked, floating on my back in perfectly clear and still water but I can't feel it, I'm actually looking down on myself floating from almost a bird perspective. All of a sudden I'm back in my body, in the bathtub, and there's just a wave of panicking fear coming over me, with the thought 'Someone else is in here, they are looking at me and I can't see them'. Plural as in a few people. I feel exposed because of the light. (I also believe I saw my cat for a second before feeling the fear, almost like a glitch, a warning). Next thing I know, I'm in complete darkness and can almost see the light from the room I was in but I'm looking for a switch to turn the light off so I wouldn't be exposed. There are two switches, one above the other and they are really high, I have to jump to pull the switch down, but when I do nothing happens, the light is still on. Next, I'm outside, it's night, the building I was in is in front of me and I can clearly see it's still under construction but I feel like it's a church. On my right is a small house-like shed, and I feel there's someone in there waiting for me (a friend, someone I was supposed to protect), someone from the beginning of the dream which I can't recall.
And that is it. I really hope someone finds this interesting enough to help me interpret it. I have to mention, I'm not religious whatsoever and don't go to church. I've had dreams of clear water and light in the nighttime before and I know what those symbols mean but this one left me feeling really disturbed for an unknown reason. Especially the part with the bathtub/the size of it, the sudden feeling of fear and being watched and the high up switches that don't work.
Looking forward to reading your opinions!:)
anjas
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors