Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dogs, Snakes, Ghosts, all

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Dogs, Snakes, Ghosts, all

Postby xMia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello~!

Can someone please help me interpret a dream that contains a lot of symbols, so I've had a hard time puzzling it all together to create some kind of meaning.
From what I remember, and I do feel there was a part of a dream before this that I don't remember, but the important points are here, I believe.

Escaping one house with a child (not mine) in a decent looking neighborhood, with nice looking houses, but something created a mess that I couldn't get the other two kids out with me, but I told the first child we'll be back as soon as we find help. As I escaped that house, on the other side of the small alley road, looking into the other house, on the window I could see a phenomena, sort of a dark, grayish, ghost-like lady with a white gown and long black hair. The kids were supposedly there, but I got more confused than scared with that. As I escaped that area, from one house I had a dog start barking at me, as well as at the last house I stopped by and tried to enter. Both dogs seemed like bulldogs of sort, or a mixed muscle bread. I do remember about the second dog being black and mid to large size, viciously barking, but chained to his house and running around the pole in front of him, while I'm looking at him, and hiding the child behind me. Though, in that split second when I saw him I got scared, I soon realized that it's not trying to bite me, or I just simply remembered to relax, 'cause dogs can sense when you're scared of them. I waited to see what's going to happen and then it just calmed down and came into my embrace while I enjoyed petting him and giving it some love. I believe the same thing happened with the first dog I encountered before this one, i.e. it was viciously barking and snarling, but then hugging him and petting him like a fluff ball was how it ended with both of them.
After a few seconds or minutes, the person I was looking for came out of that house, and we started running back to those houses where the other kids are, but we went into a different direction than the one I came with. I left the first child in that house where the dog was. As we were running uphill and as I was trying to explain where to go, I was already loosing my breath (so out of shape, I know). It seemed as if I was holding the other person's hand when all of a sudden I saw a small snake on the ground and I proceeded to release this person's hand and go on the right side of the road to avoid the snake, and then as we were going up, more and more and more snakes started literally overflowing the road. At that moment, I felt one small thin snake crawling under my shorts, from my hip down to my knee, and I was trying to push it with my hand to let it out. My heart was already thumping hard at that moment, and I woke up breathing hard the same way as at that moment in the dream, and doing the same thing with my hand on my thigh.

Few pointers:
1. I have no children of my own. However, I have two nieces. I presume the one I rescued is one of them, 'cause she appeared to be similar to my older niece, and I also believe the other one I haven't yet rescued is my other niece. But I don't know who or whose is the third child.
2. I have two dogs of my own. No bulldogs, just a tornjak, and a short-haired terrier, and neither are aggressive or vicious.
3. Yes, I do have a fear of snakes, but I'm also a snake according to my zodiac, so I'm trying not to let it bother me too much, though having them show up in my dreams are almost never a happy occurrence so far.

Thank you~
xMia
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dogs, Snakes, Ghosts, all

Postby briandb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi there! Here are my ideas about these symbols, from my own perspective and feelings:

I see a dream about trying to escape, but being bombarded with obstacle-after-obstacle. This is a typical dream style for me too. Obstacle-after-obstacle dreams, to me, show me that it's impossible to escape everything and solve every problem.The nice neighborhood may represent civilized society or an ideal lifestyle, which the dream shows is full of the same dangers as the wild. The children could represent the people or the part of yourself you are trying to protect from danger. Dogs will play the same role in my dreams, too, where they are vicious animals at first, but if you can relax and open up to them, they're turn cuddly. I believe we use dogs like this to show ourselves another way to approach scary situations in general. The ghost, the left behind children, and the snakes are just more dogs. If you want, imagine yourself ending each of those situations in the same way as with the dogs, in an embrace.

Maybe it says that the things we see as obstacles in our lives are ready to become our friends, if we choose.

Please reinterpret based on your own feelings, thank you for sharing!!

Brian
briandb
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby xMia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:17 am

briandb wrote:Hi there! Here are my ideas about these symbols, from my own perspective and feelings:

I see a dream about trying to escape, but being bombarded with obstacle-after-obstacle. This is a typical dream style for me too. Obstacle-after-obstacle dreams, to me, show me that it's impossible to escape everything and solve every problem.The nice neighborhood may represent civilized society or an ideal lifestyle, which the dream shows is full of the same dangers as the wild. The children could represent the people or the part of yourself you are trying to protect from danger. Dogs will play the same role in my dreams, too, where they are vicious animals at first, but if you can relax and open up to them, they're turn cuddly. I believe we use dogs like this to show ourselves another way to approach scary situations in general. The ghost, the left behind children, and the snakes are just more dogs. If you want, imagine yourself ending each of those situations in the same way as with the dogs, in an embrace.

Maybe it says that the things we see as obstacles in our lives are ready to become our friends, if we choose.

Please reinterpret based on your own feelings, thank you for sharing!!

Brian

Thank you, Brian, for your interpretation. It did help me.
Good thing about the snakes is that they were not attacking or hissing at me. I just felt in my dream that the reason they started showing up more and more is because I released that other person's hand. I do wish, though, to find what obstacles I'm facing in life that I dream so much about them that I would need to embrace with a different mindset.
xMia
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby briandb » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:53 pm

In my opinion, you are free to use the dream how you wish, in whatever part of your life you want. A good place to start is what is bothering you most. :) The dream seems most applicable to situations of escape, and losing touch with you care for along the way, if that resonates.
briandb
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors