Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Scorpions in my bed

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Scorpions in my bed

Postby formally chris1983 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Just a quick one. I dreamt last night that I was in bed with my 3 year old daughter she was laying accross my lap and I was wiping what looked like insect husks off or her back. Then my ex (daughters mum) came in and said "You do there are scorpions in your bed I freaked out, flung my daughter off the bed and jumped up. At that point I see 2 or 3 tiny black scorpions in my bed. Scorpions are a genuine fear of mine.
formally chris1983
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Scorpions in my bed

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:44 pm

The implication is that the toddler is a scorpion, to be feared and avoided, at least in terms of the family system.
Scorpion - something ever present which dreamer cannot comprehend nor control.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby formally chris1983 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 pm

But my daughter isnt to be feared. She is my world. I am deathly afraid of scorpions..... maybe as this took place in my bed (my safe place and comfort zone) it cud be that I'm afraid of being out of my comfort zone with my daughter as she gets older.
formally chris1983
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Makes sense. Go with it.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors