Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

My Daughter Keeps Dying

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

My Daughter Keeps Dying

Postby KevinA76 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Bad night last night. Had a series of 3-4 dreams where my daughters kept dying in different ways. I can only recall one in detail.

I was about to bungee jump and my oldest daughter (almost 13) and I were at the top of a large bungee platform. She was sitting on the rail next to the stairs, but away from the jumping point. I went up to her after watching a few people jump and asked if she thought I should go, and she said yes. So I took off my glasses and handed them to her. When I did that, I somehow knocked her off balance, and she fell off the railing and onto the stairs. She was hitting each one hard. I could hear her grunting in pain as she hit each step.

This was an open stair case and we were hundreds of feet up in the air. So anything that made its way into a gap between two steps was going to drop to the concrete below. Sure enough, she took a hard bounce off a step, and it sent her right into one of the gaps. All I could see were her hands clamped on to a stair. I dove down to get her, and as I reached her it was the 6 or 7 year old version of her hanging there. I yelled for her to hold on, and right as I reached for her, her grip gave.

I didn't see her fall, there were no sounds. I just stared at the place where her hands had just been, and then I woke up.

I have a theory on this one. I'm a divorced dad who only sees his daughters one or two nights most weeks. My oldest is about to turn 13, and maybe I feel like that chapter of her life where she's my "little girl" is closing, and I want to stop her, but can't? Might just be reaching on this one.

Details, if it matters, it was a red metal staircase, with chipped paint all over and the dark gray metal visible.

Thanks.
KevinA76
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: My Daughter Keeps Dying

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Dreamer's interpretation does fit. Imagery shows a need to be needed, but dau does not need you to rescue her. Just don't be like this in life or you will see her marry an alcoholic or become one.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors