Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The Series of Lemur Nightmares

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

The Series of Lemur Nightmares

Postby bazookapc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm

I haven't had one (a lemur nightmare) ever since I was a kid, but there was this show back in the late 1990s to early 2000s called Zaboomafoo on the PBS channel in the U.S. It was about a lemur that was friendly and taught kids watching about wildlife in Madagascar and even other parts of the world (or maybe it was just Madagascar and Africa in general and my memory is fuzzy). Anyway, Zaboo, the main talking lemur, apparently caused me to have lemur-related nightmares, despite them being friendly looking animals (the eyes are their most striking feature to me, so I guess that's what my hypothalamus thinks can be creepy).

I had a period of several weeks where I would see lemurs from afar running over a desert terrain then suddenly dying. All of a sudden, I'd get that swirly dream-ending feeling of getting sucked down a vortex or something and a lemur head would appear in front of me, sometimes mounted on a wall in my old house, and sometimes just disconnected and floating in the air (whether it was in the desert or in a black void didn't matter). I saw creepy yellow eyes and the lemur's features were oddly demonized, looking nothing like friendly Zaboomafoo at all.

My parents, for the entirety of my childhood and teenhood, never really believed me or didn't think it affected me all that much. When I was little, I used to want to be an archaeologist like Dr. Jake Cooper from the Frank Peretti book series. I wonder if the series of fairly gruesome, mildly demonic lemur nightmares is what turned me (now 23) away from biology and toward the computer sciences, about as far from animals as one could get. I still love animals though, my favorite being freakin' skunks of all things (which you would think more people have nightmares of than lemurs lol). Skunks are cute to me, and I've even been in the immediate vicinity of someone getting sprayed I don't hate them. I don't hate lemurs either. Yet those nightmares have scarred me for life and I've never forgotten. WTH is wrong with me, Internet? :/

EDIT: One of the most striking dreams in the series (and the last one I remember) was my dad carrying 6-7 (or a wee younger) year old me down the stairs of our old house late at night for whatever reason, and over his shoulder as we walked down a hallway, I saw a combination nightmarish lemur face bordered by the square outline of a villain from Thomas the Tank Engine. It was one of the most horribly evil faces I'd ever seen (and my dad was carrying me away from it) and the face started to smile, detach itself from the wall, and follow us down the dark hallway. I woke up in a cold sweat when it was right in front of my nose.
bazookapc
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: The Series of Lemur Nightmares

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:16 pm

You have internalized the paternal protectiveness and are dreaming it bc you need it in life now.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Scorpio1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 am

Lemurs do have a demonic quality - look at their eyes.
There are some animals and insects which are material manifestations of lower life forms in the dark lower zones of the astral. (Others are spiders, scorpions, snakes, beetles & lizards, and you'll find that everyone with a healthy soul has an instinctive aversion to them).
I'm not surprised that lemurs showed up in your nightmares, I'd recommend you read Goethe.

http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA171/ ... 24p01.html
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Now rp is putting our souls on Obamacare?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors