Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nightmares about specific bedroom

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Nightmares about specific bedroom

Postby IspyMomo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:36 am

Hey guys,

For about 2-3 or so years now I have been having dreams about one of the bedrooms in my family home. My dad and I lived there for 14 years then I moved out a year ago. I just recently moved back in there after my dad decided to move up north.

However, I decided to have a different bedroom (3 Bedrooms) than before. I never really felt comfortable in the second bedroom, which was my bedroom for the majority of the years I lived there. I always had to have my bed in a specific area of the room or I would have more trouble than usual sleeping. I would also experience sleep paralysis as often as three times a night sometimes, but this stopped after I moved out and currently I do not have any problems with the bedroom I am in.

After I moved out last year (and after moving back in) I would have dreams (or nightmares, I don't know) about that room and some of the areas of the house, predominately that room though. In the dreams I would never be able to turn on the lights, or if I did, they would be overly dim, making it difficult to see. I would feel like I was being watched in the room. If I managed to find a flash light or even my phone in the dreams, the lights from those wouldn't work properly either. Sometimes, If I am not in the room, the lighting issue spreads to other areas of the house dream. I could be in the living room and the lights will go dim and my heart will race because my dream self thinks that the light keeps something away. I've had dreams within dreams about that room, like waking up in that room but I am actually still dreaming.

I also have dreams about the one closet in that room. There are two closets as years ago, before we moved there, that room used to be two small rooms. The second closet we think used to be the main entry into the attic as there are steps and a landing up to a false ceiling. The only thing in the attic is blown insulation as its an older part of the house with the original knob and tube wiring. I currently use that closet for storage as the old steps are now convenient shelves. However, I still have dreams about it. In some of the dreams I am unable to close the door to that closet. Either it doesn't latch, the locks don't work or something else and the door would open and stay open no matter what I did.

When I was younger I would actually sleep with a rosary under my pillow but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Now though I am apprehensive about having anything like that out, for some unknown reason. I still have the rosary but it is kept in a ring box in my dresser and I haven't opened the box for years. I am also oddly hesitant about keeping anything of religious intent in the house, which I think stems from the previous experience. Granted, I have never actually been one for religion, so that is probably why. Also, when I would come home from college over breaks I would have the worst time sleeping and would be terrified of sleeping in that room. Some days I would actually go out and sleep on the couch instead.

I do not understand my apprehension with the room, only that I have never felt comfortable in it. The room seems to trigger my flight or fight response and I couldn't imagine sleeping in that room or the other room again (even though I never had dreams about the other room). I know that the room I sleep in now is part of the new addition of the house. My previous two rooms were in the original part of the house, which was built almost 100 years ago. Like I said though, in my current bedroom I have no problems or sleep paralysis. Just dreams about that bedroom and the stair closet.

Any insights and or suggestions would be appreciated.
IspyMomo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Nightmares about specific bedroom

Postby Sheena » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Ah, the bedroom closet. That inaccessible place in your own mind for thoughts desires and feelings that would make you unacceptable. So even you are forbidden to know them.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors