Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Freaky

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Freaky

Postby CliffHatt75 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Hello all. I had a really strange nightmare last night.

I was in the backyard of a fairly large home made of wood. There were several people lounging around and socializing. I didn't specifically recognize anyone, but I knew that they were all friends of mine or acquaintances. Then my attention was drawn to a large raised garden bed in the center of the backyard. It was enclosed by a square concrete wall of about two feet tall and six inches wide. On top of the wall, all the way around were piles of small nails. For some strange reason, I decided to clean up all the nails by hand. I would repeatedly grab handfuls of the nails, and when I looked at my hands each time, I would see many nails penetrating through my fingers and hands. It did not hurt, but it scared me and then I had to stop and pull out all the nails. Soon my hands were filled with holes and wounds. Then I stopped doing that and immediately I saw a large crate and I jumped inside. That was when I realized it was filled with thick spider webs. I panicked at this point. At least two large black widows scurried toward me out of their hiding spots and attacked me. I cried out for help and instantly woke up feeling quite shaken.

Any clues as to what this means?
CliffHatt75
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Freaky

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Dream simulates stigmata which could represent desire for perfection. But the approach is hardly serious, very casual and the symbolism is so minimized there is no sacrifice. Dreamer is a dilettante. This sequence gets dreamer to chronic shame and nothingness. If, as a result at end you are calling for help, succor - then recognize that you call out to self for this.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors