Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Snake Dream

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Snake Dream

Postby Oblivion83 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:20 pm

As far as I can recall, I have had 3 snake dreams in my life, the most recent one being about 4 days ago.
I dreamed that I was watching TV and this show was advocating getting bitten by a snake, in the groin. The pitch was like:"If you get bitten, it will hurt a lot now, but you will feel a lot better later (as a result of the bite)."
The next thing I knew, I had a snake in front of me, and just as it was about to bite, I threw it away. It ended up biting a passing animal (rat, perhaps), before going up in flames.
Now I have a real fear of snakes and the very thought of them makes me uneasy. Also one of my earlier dreams also featured a snake attacking me (but not biting).
What does this latest dream mean? Is there some special meaning to dreaming about snakes?
Oblivion83
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Snake Dream

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm

It means you are worried about the 'snake' in your groin. If it is your own, common worries are about it working and how it is perceived. If it is 'his', then getting bitten may suggest you are not really on board with that, and may be lying to yourself.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors