Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

reoccurring dream as a child

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

reoccurring dream as a child

Postby hello » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 am

I would be with my school class and we'd go on a field trip. We'd be on the bus and sometimes it would break down in front of a big, expensive mansion. other times we would go to a museum and then from there, walk to the mansion.
When we broke down, a really nice, pretty woman would come out and offer assistance and the teacher and all the other students loved her while I would immediately be suspicious of her. She would lead us into the mansion that had anything a child would want, ex. waterpark, amusment park, great food. When we went to the museum first we would meet her there and then she'd invite us to her house and we'd all go. This is when the dream gets to be the same everytime. we'd eat and she'd give the students anything they wanted and everyone talked about how great and amazing she was and I would tell people we needed to get out of the house asap because something was not right. I would be told to relax and then we'd go to sleep but I would "wake up" inside the dream because i heard weird noises. I would go investigate and I would see the nice, sweet woman turn into a horrid monster-she looked like a combination of a dementor for Harry Potter and the evil spider woman from Coraline. In the room was also some of the kids in my class tied up in the corner. I'd then see the woman-monster skin the other kids, my friends, alive and eat them and then would say that she heard another nearby and I would run back to the room I was staying in to hide. The next day, I would warn the rest of the students and the teacher and they would tell me to calm down and I would point out that there were kids missing and they'd all act like I was crazy because there were never kids in the class with those names. This would go on for a few more days, more and more kids disappearing with no one noticing other than me and I would see the woman-monster eat them. Finally, when I was the last kid left, the teacher would get eaten but when I was looking into the room watching the woman-monster eat her, leaving me the last one alive, the woman-monster would catch me looking and then tie me up to be eaten. I would escape and run and run and she was right behind me, flying, about to grab me to kill me. The kids who had died would appear, not looking like ghosts, but as human and tell me to stop running and to let the nice lady take care of me because the woman was so sweet and deserved everything. I would ignore them and keep running away from her, screaming for help, but no one would come.
At the end I would wake up sweating and then if i happened to fall asleep again that night, the nightmare would start again. But as I got older, during the part where I was running away from the woman-monster I would know it's a dream, but think if i got killed in the dream, I would die in real life so I would be screaming at myself to wake up while running away from her rather than screaming for help.

Can someone tell me what this dream means? Why was it reoccurring? Why did i just stop having it?
hello
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: reoccurring dream as a child

Postby Sheena » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:04 pm

The 'woman-monster' is a classic mother figure. She does want you to change bc she disapproves of the bad things you are doing. Take her in and she will become your conscience. Resist and she will become your own harsh inner critic.
Dreamer ought to feel guilty. Doesn't. Knows this.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors