Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Swarms of Cockroaches

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Swarms of Cockroaches

Postby janejane1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:01 am

I recently had this dream where I was sitting directly on a blue & white tiled floor, in what I think was my home, right next to the front door. Except I was sitting on swarms and swarms of cockroaches. The cockroaches were starting to crawl over my feet and legs and I could feel them moving underneath me. I was screaming and screaming for help, but I couldn't move out of the way. My limbs weren't working and no one came to help me either. But that was perhaps because I was home alone? However, I could wriggle side to side and every time I did, I could hear the crunch of cockroaches as I killed them with my weight. Yet, as many as I killed by wriggling side to side, there seemed to still be as many cockroaches as there were initially, if not more. I don't know what to make of this, but the dream was incredibly vivid and shook me awake after a point. What does this dream mean???
janejane1
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Swarms of Cockroaches

Postby operatormike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 am

Dear Jane Jane,

Hello Hello,

The home represents your mind. Blue and white usually indicate a very positive spiritual state of being. The rest of the dream apparently is at odds with this symbolism. To me, it seems like you were sitting by the front door because you wanted to go somewhere, but you could not because of the cockroaches. Cockroaches represent a very annoying situation in your life. They are also a symbol of dirtiness. Ask yourself why do my arms and legs feel so dirty. Perhaps you feel emotionally dirty about something. Whatever it may be is stifling your ability to move forward with your life. You try to control it to some extent by squashing and wriggling, but feel it is overwhelming (they do not decrease).

P.S. The dream dictionary here says:
Seeing the front door in your dream indicates that you are shielding yourself from outside influences.
But I still feel like it is about wanting to escape...could be escaping from your present emotional state.

Hope this helps you figure it out.
Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
We've all been playing those mind games forever
Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil
Doing the mind guerrilla
Some call it magic, the search for the grail---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper