Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Vivid / Lucid? Spiders, people, ghosts all appear

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Vivid / Lucid? Spiders, people, ghosts all appear

Postby MrNightly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Howdy.

Not sure what these mean, but I have been having some very intense dreams lately, although, when they happen, I don't know they are just dreams. I'll be laying in bed asleep (Although I open my eyes and am quite certain I'm awake) and see things.

This last time, there was giant 1ft across spider coming down his web toward my head. I immediately jumped out of bed, yelled at my wife to , "move move move" and flipped on the light. The spider wasn't there.

Same thing happened the other week about a large snake across my floor. I leaned over my wife and yelled, WATCH OUT!... there wasn't a snake.

I also often see people walking in my house, while I'm dreaming. Once I saw a young girl walk out of the bathroom and I yelled, "WHAT THE HELL Are you doing here?" My GF at the time woke up, and when I rubbed my eyes, the girl wasn't there. Another time, a demon face coming through the wall, and I karate kicked the wall/face and when I realized I was awake, there wasn't a face anymore.

It appears I'm wide awake. But aparently I'm still sleeping. Or am I? Is this another dimension I'm seeing? Or just a bad type of dream?

Should I be concerned? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
MrNightly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Vivid / Lucid? Spiders, people, ghosts all appear

Postby Sheena » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Each time you dream about vermin that way you are guilty. You have done something wrong towards the spouse. That is why the dream energy moves you to intrude upon her in ways that look like you are doing something for her to be grateful about.

No, it is not something metaphysical or a fantasy brain disorder, it is you - your insincerity and bad conscience.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:24 pm

It sounds like you are experiencing something like sleep paralysis (minus the paralysis part). Maybe look into that a bit and see if anything lines up there. I wouldn't be concerned about it though. Sometimes our brains just take a little longer than normal to come out of the deeper REM states. When you are having a nightmare in a deep REM state it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary to have the intensity of it wake you from your sleep. The thing that is uncommon is the continuation of the dream-state after you've woken up. But, again, it's not something to be worried about. Lots of people experience something similar through sleep paralysis, myself included. Just be thankful you can move when you wake up, lol.

Don't let Sheena freak you out. She posts like that to everyone.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby RogueSon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Here is a link to a website that keeps things to a medical break down of Sleep Paralysis. I recommend not looking around other websites too much because some of them get really weird and kinda demonic. I think it is just because sleep paralysis is associated with really intense nightmares, so people go a little crazy with the dark demonic stuff. If that is what you are into then by all means, go for it. But I just wanted to give you a fair warning.

http://www.sleepeducation.org/sleep-dis ... view-facts
Disclaimer: I'm just some guy with an opinion
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby MrNightly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 am

I think I found out what it is:

https://nerdsleep.com/shocking-truth-hy ... cinations/

Hypnopompic Hallucinations.. fairly rare since most hallucinations happen while you are falling to sleep.

Interesting.

No, I don't think it has anything to do with guilt toward my wife, since they happened before I even met her :D
MrNightly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby RogueSon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:56 am

How interesting! Have they stopped at all (or maybe just gone down in quantity)? I breezed through the article and I totally agree. “It is the leaking of dreams,” is a perfect description of what you have going on. Glad you found out what it was!
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby MrNightly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 pm

RougeSon wrote:How interesting! Have they stopped at all (or maybe just gone down in quantity)? I breezed through the article and I totally agree. “It is the leaking of dreams,” is a perfect description of what you have going on. Glad you found out what it was!

Not really, if anything, they have sped up this past year. I've had 3 or 4 this past 12 months. They are creepy as hell, but I'm glad to learn what they actually are.

My wife often falls asleep on my chest, with my arm around her, and I have learned that sleeping on my back really triggers them. I have purposely had her roll over after we sleep now, and that has helped I believe. I once had an "Alien" abduction attempt (another hallucination) several years ago. I realize now, that I was sleeping on my back when it happened. Knowledge is power right?!
MrNightly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby RogueSon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:19 pm

I totally agree that knowledge is power, Nightly!
When I was dealing with sleep paralysis I was absolutely terrified of it and when I finally started learning about what was going on I felt a little more settled about it. It didn't make the episodes less scary in the moment, but it did make it easier to deal with after an episode. Knowing what it was helped a lot.
Funny; you mentioned falling asleep on your back is a trigger for your episodes. It is also a trigger for sleep paralysis. I wonder what the connection is between falling asleep on your back and having stuff like this happen.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby MrNightly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 pm

RougeSon wrote:I totally agree that knowledge is power, Nightly!
When I was dealing with sleep paralysis I was absolutely terrified of it and when I finally started learning about what was going on I felt a little more settled about it. It didn't make the episodes less scary in the moment, but it did make it easier to deal with after an episode. Knowing what it was helped a lot.
Funny; you mentioned falling asleep on your back is a trigger for your episodes. It is also a trigger for sleep paralysis. I wonder what the connection is between falling asleep on your back and having stuff like this happen.

I need to do some research deeper into the back sleeping and hallicinations/etc ties. I think I read once, lightly, that it has to do with air/blood being hampered from flowing to the brain, but I don't recall exactly.

I used to believe that my dreams were prophetic. Now I realize they are just a lack of oxygen ;)
MrNightly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby RogueSon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Dude! I thought along the same lines before I found out what was going on! Haha, at least I know now that I am not the only one who went to the extremes.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Don't allow material positivism turn you foolish. Lack of O2 results in dead brain cells, not dreams. When you give the dream meaning you will find help with what is presently difficult in your emotional life.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah... Wouldn't want those positive emotions or anything... that would just ruin all the scary stuff thats being dealt with. That'd be a shame.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Boy, you've gotta carry that weight a long time. = Suffer more then, you are choosing to.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby MrNightly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:46 am

Sheena wrote:Lack of O2 results in dead brain cells, not dreams. When you give the dream meaning you will find help with what is presently difficult in your emotional life.

Actually, Sheena, they aren't dreams. They are Hypnopompic Hallucinations. And they can occur from lack of O2 and from sleeping on your back in individuals who have them.

"Sleep position adjustment: You may want to consider making adjustments in your sleep position to stop hypnopompic hallucinations from occurring. It has been suggested that the “supine position” or sleeping on your back will increase the likelihood that you’ll end up with hypnopompic hallucinations. Try shifting your sleep position to sleeping on your left side, right side, or even your stomach to determine whether it helps. The tactic of adjusting sleep position is effective for stopping sleep paralysis – a condition associated with hypnopompic hallucinations." -http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/05/18/hypnopompic-hallucinations-causes-types-treatment/
MrNightly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:57 am

Then why post as a dream? An ambush quiz is very unfriendly.
Notice how aggressively you avoid to make meaning.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Because he thought it was a dream at first and even with the knowledge he has now it still directly ties to dreaming… and it’s freaky… so… here we are in the “Nightmares and Night Terrors” section of the website…
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Superman1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:21 pm

This past year, what fear has increased?
Could it be that something is so real, it is affecting the real world so much from not being seen, maybe from being repressed, that it is appearing in the real world, when awake? Demanding to be seen as it hasn't been in the mind yet, that needs to become lucid of the issue, or aware.

A spider is our worst fear, but might resemble two or more people.
A snake is the other elemental common fear, one that can harm. Maybe that almost says the number one. And your spider was one foot.
Years ago, an "Alien" abduction attempt can be some alienation aspect taking the familiar you away, which of course was false.

Sleeping on your back might be a submissive, vulnerable position, like being laid out on your back, or like seeing or facing something. Leaving yourself open.
Sideways is safer in not doing that, like not facing it. But then again it might involve the other. Where as on the back you see just yourself.
Shouldn't logic say sleeping on your stomach will cure the visions! Haha. :geek:

=======================================================================
The spider came down his web toward your head. You yelled at your wife to, "Move move move."
A large snake went across your floor. You leaned over your wife and yelled, "WATCH OUT!"
These look like the fear coming from above that can become real to do harm, perhaps between you too.
So in light of all, this might mean a powerful fear of being alone. But just a normal fear playing out.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 am

gh and ge must be the same person bc one replies for the other.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:53 am

“ee” must not be able to comprehend that there are actually people in the world who stick up for each other.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:59 am

'stick up' - Yes it is theivery, stealing of self.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 pm

Do you wake up with a "stick up" your butt or do you have to force it up there in the morning?
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Your head is too much in the way.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:05 pm

I can only apologize so many times for confusing your butt for your face.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:31 pm

OK, Jong Un, when have you seen either?
If i were going to play your stupid street game the reply would be, Your mother kisses both - before she comes.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby RogueSon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Usually going to the "mom jokes" means you aren't creative enough to insult the person directly.

I am tired of you, Sheena. Feel free to keep trying to talk crap about whatever your shriveled little heart desires. I won't see it though.
RogueSon
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 am

ge needs to learn that humor is more creative.
Good riddance to ge, and bet that ge peeks.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Vivid / Lucid? Spiders, sheena, ghosts all appear

Postby Superman1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Good riddance are the words you will read.
Before, she got beaten into being banned, and his abusive posts deleted. Remember.
Now its words have all the bite of a wet moth.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:12 pm

1 has learned to write nonsense in the style of Gus, tm and ge. Appears to want into their club. Even attacks their scapegoat.
Bite of wet moth?? No one we know. Not even good poetry.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby elishajeunne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi guys, I just wanna share what i dreamt last night and i feel like this is the right thread to share it. I've never felt so creeped out from a dream before until this happened.
As i was laying in bed preparing to sleep, I opened my eyes ans I suddenly looked to my right and saw a woman staring at me right beside me. She's sitting right in my bed just looking at me and I was so shocked it woke me up and looking at the same spot i saw her. I shrugged it off like i would normally do thinking it was just a bad dream, it's normal. And then went back to sleep. It was so real I thought 'oh it's time for me to wake up so I hrabbed my phone and try to find my charger bcos it was on 1%. So i put it on airplane mode and things started to get weird again bcos it rang. my phone started to ring even though it's on airplane mode. It's so weird I got creeped out and went back to bed and suddenly theres a figure wearing a hoodie. I couldn't see him but I think it was a man bcos it started to speak to me. He was on top of me and he was holding something I didn't see and he was trying to stab me right through my chest saying 'I need to rescue you. In that door she didn't suceed'. At first i laughed when he said 'i need to rescue you' and i don't even know why. And he stabbed me right through my chest, it felt real I remember crying for pain. And then i just woke up. I tried to decode what was that and remember my sister was in the other room sleeping so I came to her. Glad she was okay. But that is the first time someone, a mysterious figure had spoken to me. It creeped me out, up until now thinking of those words he said to me.
elishajeunne
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 pm

You were not asleep so it was not a dream, it was an hallucination. Why? A fevered mind, you tell me.
You are an extension of a machine. That is necrophilia. Therefore the woman you hallucinated is or was dead.
You should be creeped out.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby ranadan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 am

Because he thought it was a dream at first and even with the knowledge he has now it still directly ties to dreaming… and it’s freaky… so http://www.thedramacool.org/… ..here we are in the “Nightmares and Night Terrors” section of the website…
ranadan
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:43 am

Where na writes 'dreaming' the truthful term is imagination. Then sort it out.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors