Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

My sister is always in danger in my nightmares?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

My sister is always in danger in my nightmares?

Postby allizzent » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:26 pm

As far back as I can remember, I've been saving my little sister in my dreams. The very first nightmare I ever recall having, I was saving her from a giant monster, and she was just an infant. Throughout the years I've dreamed she's been kidnapped, gone missing, been killed, been eaten by wolves and coyotes, and most commonly, being chased or trapped by zombies. Every time, without fail, I sacrifice everything I have in an attempt to save her. I've died in so many dreams, so that my sister could live.

I also have a brother, but have never had these types of dreams about him. Why is my sister always in danger in my dreams? What could it mean?

Please help in any way you can.
Thank you.
allizzent
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: My sister is always in danger in my nightmares?

Postby allizzent » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 am

Bump..
allizzent
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:43 pm

This is a projection of personal vulnerability onto the younger sibling, most likely a result of family scripting.
Dreamer is worried about her own weaknesses and needs to give attention to situations in which she feels vulnerable. End the implicit denial of weakness.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: My emotions are always in danger in my nightmares

Postby Superman1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 am

Your sister probably means the emotions or connection to people, as zombies likely means that gone wrong or dead.
Wolves live in packs but do you sometimes feel like a lone wolf?
Is it that you are sacrificing yourself too much, which kills this, making you feel trapped? Then on the other hand, maybe you must sacrifice or kill what you are to enable these feminine qualities.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:04 am

1, as usual, calls up irrelevancies to try to cover the waterfront and get nowhere.
Zombie attribution is too restricted for this image of self. It is ambiguous and can also imply in context (onlydreamer knows the context) mindless, unknowing or unaware, falseness and insincerity, aggression without shame, and the list goes on.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Sister image represents the parts or the ways that dreamer herself can be hurt and vulnerable.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors