Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring spider dream

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring spider dream

Postby x_nad_x » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:04 am

Hi,

I'm going to try and keep it brief but I've had dreams that are very similar and would like some insight into what they mean. It always occurs in my house, I'll be in bed (the first dream) or in the bathroom (most recent dreams) and I will see a huge spider and another one of equal size with it that is thinner and more spindly. I am always terrified and start screaming so that my younger sister will come and help me, she will get to the spiders with me and we will try and kill them- but we can't get near them to squash them because their is like an invisible force field around the spiders, but they can get to us. I distinctly remember fearing that they were going to bite my legs. The first dream I had it was set at the nighttime and the spider weren't luminous gold in colour and the most recent was daytime and the spiders were brown/black but other than this looked the same as before.

For some background information, I have recently started an apprenticeship and although though I don't want to go to university right now, have had many conversations with my mum as she feels that I will resent her in the future for not going to uni now because my family and I believe that now is not the right time. I'm worried that this dreams are a sign of bad things to come and because they are so vivid and cause me to wake up during the night it is affecting my work and energy.

Many thanks for anyone that responds,

Nadia
x_nad_x
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring spider dream

Postby operatormike » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:06 am

Dear Nadia,

I do not believe that this dream is any sign of anything to come. For the most part, I feel that these dreams are caused by your worries. The bedroom setting is about your personal private feelings, the bathroom even more personal and down to your basic instincts.

Spiders can be a symbol of a female authority figure, especially a mother. Perhaps you feel trapped by your mother's insistence that you attend the university. You may fear that resisting her will result in pain (bites).

If it were me, I would listen to what my mother had to say and weight it carefully. However, I would act on my own feelings about how I should proceed. I would very carefully and lovingly explain that I would never resent her for not attending the university at this time. (In my experience, I went to the university because my doting mother insisted, even though I felt it was the wrong time. I failed and lost a scholarship (my own fault). I actually resent her insistence to some extent, but more so I blame myself for not following my heart and explaining my goals and plans to her clearly.

But that's just me.
Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby TenderLC » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Nadia,
Everything Mike said is very wise. However, I think that spiders are our fears in dreams. You have two spiders, so that may be the two choices that you face, either go to school or decide to later, or if not at all. When we face our fears we dispel them so that we then can move forward, and the result is our gain, we reach our goals whatever they might be. The reason you two can't hit them is because you may feel so torn between the choices that you feel powerless, stuck in a rut. Check the options carefully and decide which you can live with the easiest and then accept the consequences. It's your decision, not anyone else's. opportunity sometimes knocks once. Best wishes.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Spiders have venom. But you are immune to poison from these bites.
The dream describes resistance to being approached, bitten, i.e. affected. Something you are fighting which is there to influence you. Therefore looks like inner conflict about education, learning and growing.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors