Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nightmare of being Tortured/Trapped

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Nightmare of being Tortured/Trapped

Postby Diaxious » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:06 am

Hello!

I don't often remember my dreams but when i do they are more than likely to be nightmares of the same sort of thing, so here goes:

This dream would actually take place in my fathers house in which i lived for 20 years before moving out for a couple of years and now i am living back in this residence. So outside in the back garden there would be this long,wide and flat wired cage which is segmented into human sized grids, each equipped with barbs and spikes to stop anyone getting out. In the dream there were about a dozen people trapped and getting tortured including myself.

The rest of the details are a bit hazy but i remember trying to escape and being chased at some point also. The torturer felt like my father (Did not look like him) I'm not sure if that means anything?... I've never had anything sort of physical arguments or abuse off my father, but we're also never been like "Father and son" close. as i previously said i still live with him (I'm having financial difficulty getting accommodation for myself) I would love to get out of this house and away from my father which annoys me more often than anything.
Diaxious
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Nightmare of being Tortured/Trapped

Postby Sheena » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm

That's what over-entitlement and lack gratitude will do for ya.
Cages paragraph would be an accurate analogy for a constraining family system.
Time for this 20 year old to stop blaming father and be accountable for self.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Diaxious » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm sure not you can say that without knowing me. Its hard to give gratitude to my father who just stood aside most of my childhood and my mother recently divorced because of an affair he was having for years. I don't feel entitled to anything as i earn all of the money i spend and often feel guilty for the hand I've been given considering i'm not very ambitious and like the small things in life.

Either way your post has just made me feel even more guilty and depressed, Thanks (I'm 25 btw)
Diaxious
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:18 am

You must take full account of your wound and give up the power that it gives to you.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors