Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Chased(?) by a spider

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Chased(?) by a spider

Postby alouf » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Hey all

I had a bizarre dream last night. I was living in a tiny tiny apartment of my own (which I don't but want to irl), and there was a spider in the size of a tarantula following me everywhere. I absolutely despise spiders so ofc I was afraid of it, but I remember thinking and feeling that it kinda wanted to be my "pet". No webs or bites in the dream, it would a times manage to climb up my back and just stay there. If I walked outside people were freaking out but I was laughing and explaining them that it was ok or something like that. During the whole dream I was alternating between thinking it's nothing bad and at the same time a bit scared of it and trying to avoid it. Later in the dream I remember I dead cat in my appartment as well which gave me the creeps. I was walking outside my door and there was some kinf of toxic waste on the walls and door and somehow I was thinking about cat vomit.
Anyone has any input about this?
Thanks
alouf
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Chased(?) by a spider

Postby Sheena » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:53 pm

The reptillian brain stem registers feelings of threat and safety or being unsafe and about to die. This dream focuses mostly there in Flight survival mode. Then up registers to limbic feeling of disgust.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby alouf » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Do you think this has any relation to health and death?
alouf
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:40 pm

We are more interested in the title. Chased is homonym for chaste.
Does sex have any relation to health and death? Le petite mort?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors