Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Flying out of control, how can I regain control?

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Flying out of control, how can I regain control?

Postby petzbreeder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 am

One thing that I frequently experience in my dreams is being able to fly. However, I sometimes completely lose control and find myself launching into the air like a rocket, spinning and backflipping all over the place.

How can I regain control when that happens? I always wake up feeling like I'm having a major freak-out panic attack!

I can reach layer 2 lucidity fairly easily, do I need to reach a higher layer before I can regain control?
petzbreeder
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Flying out of control, how can I regain control?

Postby Sheena » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:06 pm

It is an image of anxious and manic stance in life, probably moving too fast to control too much.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Flying out of control, how can I regain control?

Postby petzbreeder » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:16 am

That makes sense, because I actually have been experiencing a bit of anxiety for a while. I get a bit dizzy when travelling on buses, which makes me feel uncomfortable. That may have something to do with it.
petzbreeder
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors