Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Desperate for answers.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Desperate for answers.

Postby PumiK87 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:25 am

I have been having nightmares for months now and it always ends the same way. The scenario can be different , i'll give a couple of examples but in the end its always the same. Someone shoots me. The guns differ but its always death by shooting. What does this mean? I'm really at a loss of who to turn to for advice/answers.

Ex 1- I was out on the farm in the forest loading up firewood with a friend when suddenly there were HEAPS of people dressed in camo, on bikes, in trucks etc all with weapons searching for me. I ran through the forest trying to find hiding spot after hiding spot but there was nothing and not being able to out run them ended up shot.

Ex 2. I went to visit my dad at his work, he was just down the country road from where I had parked so I got out and was jogging to him. A car came past, slowed down then opened the window and shot me multiple times on their way past.

Ex 3. One night I had fallen asleep on the couch and my dream was that I was sleeping on the couch and the curtains parted with the barrel of a shotgun coming through. It moved to aim and shot me.

There are so many different dreams but as I say all end up the same way. I had them for months non stop then one night they stopped for a week or two and then they come back again with a vengeance. Somenights if I'm not too petrified to fall back asleep i'll have more than one!

Help!
PumiK87
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Desperate for answers.

Postby Sheena » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm

In each you are stopped. You know deeply you need to stop it. So STOP IT!!!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Scorpio1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Knowing whether you're male or female would help, and a little background. Are you a 50 year old businessman with rivals, a 17 year old student, are you single or married? It's hard to interpret a dream with no context.
Recurring dreams are important, because they mean you aren't getting the message, so it has to be repeated, or made nightmarish, so that you pay attention.
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Scorpio1 wrote:It's hard to interpret
Nope. We had no problem.
Hint: Recurrent.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby PumiK87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Scorpio1 wrote:Knowing whether you're male or female would help, and a little background. Are you a 50 year old businessman with rivals, a 17 year old student, are you single or married? It's hard to interpret a dream with no context.
Recurring dreams are important, because they mean you aren't getting the message, so it has to be repeated, or made nightmarish, so that you pay attention.

I'm 29, married with a couple of miniature versions of myself :-) Working part time and living enjoying life :-)
PumiK87
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm

PumiK87 wrote:I'm 29, married with a couple of miniature versions of myself
if this reference is to offspring you need to shift gears. Children are not copies of their parents; they are themselves.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby PumiK87 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Sheena wrote:
PumiK87 wrote:I'm 29, married with a couple of miniature versions of myself
if this reference is to offspring you need to shift gears. Children are not copies of their parents; they are themselves.

It was a light hearted summing up of life without putting personal details on the world wide web of my children!
PumiK87
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors