Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

First Timer - Need Help Interpreting Dream

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

First Timer - Need Help Interpreting Dream

Postby ThirdEyeCrown » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello, first time poster here. I have had some very vivid dreams and nightmares before, but the dream I had yesterday was incredibly vivid and terrifying, enough for me to seek help. This is how I remember the dream...

I was sitting on a wooden bench with my wife (to my left) in a clearing somewhere in the woods. I remember my wife (I am male) and I were happy to be sitting together looking at my Facebook feed on my phone together, I can't remember anything on the feed. It was night time, there was a light blanket of clean snow on the ground and it was lightly snowing. Across from us in the clearing was another empty wooden bench parallel to us about 30 yards away. To my right was a castle, however I did not look at the castle. The castle stayed in my peripherals and I remember only seeing a small portion of the wall in my peripherals. I never actually saw the whole castle, I just knew it was there. I remember the bricks in my being off white in color and rough on the exterior. While we were just sitting there I looked up and saw a woman with brown hair, a white blouse, and grey pants walking, from my position left to right towards the castle. She was centered between my wife and I sitting on our bench, and the other empty bench. She did not notice us and continued walking...now here's where it became terrifying for me... she was being followed by a tall, unnaturally skinny, robed figure. I don't remember the robed figure having a gender (when explaining to my wife this story I did refer to it as him, so maybe he did have a gender), and when I mean skinny, this thing was beyond human proportions. The robe was dark brown, not black, and I could not see the face, nor did I try too. The woman did not acknowledge either of us or the robed figure following her, and was looking only straight ahead to the castle. As the woman passed us to walk towards the castle that I couldn't fully see, the robed figure broke rank and circled around towards me. As soon as I saw it coming towards me I felt an overwhelming sense of dread and foreboding. When the robed figure got closer I turned my head to look away and closed my eyes. This is when my dream was most intense. The robed figure approached me from my right side, while my wife was sitting to my left. I had my eyes closed and looking away but I could still see the robed figure next to me in my mind. He bent over to get face to face with me and all I saw was a black void where his face should be. My wife did nothing this entire time but sit there. I was so filled with terror and dread that I shook her and yelled, "Please help me Kylie, save me! Please help me!" over and over, more frantic each time. This part was unusual because normally when I need help in a dream I can't reach out or call for help because I don't have a voice or I'm paralyzed. Finally my wife in real life had woken me up because I slept in.

This dream really strikes me as odd, and I tried to look up all the symbols explained above but there's too many variables. Any help?
ThirdEyeCrown
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: First Timer - Need Help Interpreting Dream

Postby Sheena » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:42 am

What stands out is the obsessive over-detailed approach to knowledge (of self?). Expect that to be self-defeating.
The nub of the dream for useful personal purposes is this:
ThirdEyeCrown wrote:I can't reach out
ThirdEyeCrown wrote: I had my eyes closed and looking away
ThirdEyeCrown wrote:I can't remember
. It's about cognitive capacity, attention and learning style.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby ThirdEyeCrown » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:23 pm

. It's about cognitive capacity, attention and learning style.

Could you clarify this a little more. I consider myself right brain orientated and value truth and knowledge considerably, so this kind of hit home for me. My interpretation is that I need to either: get in touch with my feminine side more or, I need to take control of my health(I have health conditions I've been ignoring). I know dreams are tailored by the dreamer and they should extract the meaning through inflection, but I just wanted an outside perspective.

Why did you choose those 3 examples btw?
ThirdEyeCrown
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Feelings of Fear

Postby Superman1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:02 am

Yeh the wife meaning might be unknown that you might want to clear, such as emotions or feelings and connection or being open, knowing the defenses or protection or walls you have and don't want or don't want to acknowledge. Maybe you are happy having a distance, as Facebook is.
:yikes
If you don't notice this, you starve and cover yourself unnaturally, and that becomes your scary reality. And your face or identity suffers.
This time you may have gotten beyond the fear that results in paralyzing you, and want to save yourself from this fate and gain control. Maybe this affects your health.
:nurse:
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Dreamer is ignoring bad health, a form of Denial.
The dream features encounter with a Grim Reaper figure and cry for help.
Subconsciously dreamer believes there is no cure or healing and has given up.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors