Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Succession of 3 Nightmares in One Night

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Succession of 3 Nightmares in One Night

Postby Journeygrrl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:48 pm

I had three unbelievably Vivid and very different nightmares last night. I work from each one with heart pounding and sweating, but knowing that they were dreams as I was dreaming them. In the first dream I was trying to reach a destination with a friend of mine. We had to catch either a plane or a train or something and I knew that we were in a rush. We were in a foreign country and a woman offered us a ride on her baby elephant. As we were walking the woman seemed very strange and almost disoriented and I chatted with my friend hoping that we would reach our destination soon. Suddenly, the elephant's trunk and the front of its face completely fell off of its body. It was still very much alive and there was no blood or Gore but the woman told us we should just get off of the elephant and leave it. I was appalled and my friend and I ran around looking for a doctor and we finally found one who agreed to treat it. We were tucked in an alley with the elephant and I was very concerned that the elephant can still see. The doctor assured me that he could and I woke up. In the next dream that I had my friend and I were boarding a train that had to travel over a pretty vast expanse of water. The train started going and as soon as we approach the water I saw the stop Arm coming down which meant that the bridge was going to lift. The train driver continue to go and we smashed into the arm breaking it off. As we continue to cross this great expanse of water the bridge begin to open automatically and the driver started to go faster. Right as we were approaching the end he broke through the second arm on the opposite side and it sent us into the water. The cabin instantly filled with water and I knew for a fact that I was going to die there. I woke up shortly thereafter completely terrified and out of breath. In the third dream, I was with my two children and it was 4th of July. The dream began with a giant probably 20 story metal creature walking into the water in a lagoon near my house. It was following me and my kids who were in a canoe. Fireworks begin going off and as soon as they did this thing began shooting bullets and bombs and II the noise stopped so did the machine. I knew that we had to escape and we were running all over the place trying to find a place to hide. It kept following us everywhere that we were going and it was killing countless people around us. In my dream I knew that it was a dream and that I had had it before and that if I could just do things the exact same way that I had done it in the dream the last time we would all survive and everything would be okay. I woke up knowing that the next part of the dream was this giant machine thing shooting at me and my children in a building that has been blown to pieces but I also knew that we would have survived it had I continued the dream. I knew that I have the power to defeat this thing I just had to remember how to go about it. Obviously I woke up a little freaked out this morning and I would love anybodys help explaining what they might think this is about. Thank you so much
Journeygrrl
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Succession of 3 Nightmares in One Night

Postby Athanor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 am

Hi again,

It looks like there could be some kind of stressful situation going on right now and the dreams are trying to give you some hints about how to handle it.

Generally speaking, at least two of the dreams seem to be hinting that whatever the current state of affairs is, you could be tending to follow certain commonly accepted ideas and beliefs etc. on what to do about it, and this might not be the best way to resolve things.

For example, in one dream you’re trying to catch a train or plane, and in the other one, you’re actually riding in a train.

The idea is that any “vehicle”, whether a car, train, boat, plane etc., represents a complex mix of the physical body along with the dreamer’s interests, drives, wishes and beliefs etc. etc.

So a vehicle symbolizes a kind of body-and-mind mix with which the person moves through daily life.

But unlike an individual’s car, a train or plane is “collective” in nature, owned by huge corporations and used by millions of people. On analogy then, the opinions and attitudes etc. that you could be using to handle your current situation might not tend to be based enough on the unique “you”.

The first dream might also be showing that the current state of affairs is something more or less new and “foreign” to you (e.g. you’re in a foreign country), so it’s hard to find a way through it to make it to your “destination” as a fully rounded individual.

Trying to force your way through towards this ultimate goal without more background experience apparently won’t work.

It’s a little complicated to explain, but it’s possible that the baby elephant symbolizes this goal, but a certain “strange” attitude or opinion etc. (i.e. the foreign woman) might be “over-burdening” this growing part of you, causing it to “break down” under the strain.

For example, you could be thinking “I can do this on my own!” in a sort of determined way which may be a kind of common attitude that’s advised, but which might not fit your circumstances.

For instance, a better way might be related to the third dream about the rampaging metal monster and thinking how you handled it successfully in a previous dream.

That is, it looks like the best method might have been shown in your dream from 2012 where everyone was engulfed by a raging flood of water: “One person looked at the whole group and told us to lay on our backs and float and stop trying to fight the current. We floated for a long time but finally reached land safely”.

So just easing back now and not allowing yourself to be driven by some kind of fixed thought or opinion etc. about what to do (as maybe symbolized by the train driver in the second dream who ignores the stop warning about the bridge) could take a little courage, but the dreams as a group seem to be suggesting that this could be the best route to take in relieving any stress you might be feeling.

Anyway I hope this ideas can be helpful in some way, and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Succession of 3 Nightmares in One Night

Postby DmanRocked » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Hey you said you knew you were dreaming in your dream, so if you are lucid what is there to be afraid of? If you are lucid in a dream you can go wherever you want or do whatever you want. If I go lucid in a dream I just start punching everybody or try to do some drugs because I know I can't be harmed in the dream world. I advise you to do the same :P.
DmanRocked
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors