Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

nightmare

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

nightmare

Postby pfinder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 am

right so I woke up sweating wondering what the hell that dream was about... I was being chased by female lions in the desert.. as I was being chased I'm climbing over houses looking back only to find that the lions are also climbing the houses and still chasing me... thoughts?
pfinder
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: nightmare

Postby Sheena » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:15 pm

What matters, that they are female or that they are lions?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Lena01 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:55 pm

A nightmare, also called a bad dream, is an unpleasant dream that can cause a strong emotional response from the mind, typically fear but also despair, anxiety and great sadness. The dream may contain situations of discomfort, psychological or physical terror or panic. Sufferers often awaken in a state of distress and may be unable to return to sleep for a small period.
Nightmares can have physical causes such as sleeping in an uncomfortable or awkward position, having a fever, or psychological causes such as stress, anxiety, and as a side effect of various drugs. Eating before going to sleep, which triggers an increase in the body's metabolism and brain activity, is a potential stimulus for nightmares.
Recurrent nightmares may require medical help, as they can interfere with sleeping patterns and cause insomnia. :yikes :neer:
Lena01
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Don't see no suffering here, except us, reading nonsense.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors