Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I've never had a good dream...

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

I've never had a good dream...

Postby wolfie6699 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:36 pm

So one thing that I have always noticed since childhood is that I have never had a good dream. I really only have one memory of a dream starting off somewhat positive but of course it ended negatively. I started quite early in life recording my dreams so I wouldn't forget them, and all of them have been nightmares. I usually am the type to have a coherent and memorable dreams about once or twice every two weeks. My nightmares range from slightly disturbing, to me waking up abruptly in a panic.

But I've never had anything traumatic happen to me either.The only medication I take is birth control, but I've only been using it for over a year so that couldn't have been the reason to my life long experience. But any type of nightmare you can name I've probably had. Running away, teeth coming out, falling, monsters, rape, etc. I've also never been able to be lucid in my nightmares...i'm just really wondering if anyone has the same experience. I'm not trying to get rid of dreams but i'm just a little nervous as to how this may all be linking to something bigger.
wolfie6699
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I've never had a good dream...

Postby eltay1213 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:39 pm

I used to dream a fair amount when I was a child. They weren't good dreams though. I had dreams where I was chased, where people died, where my home was destroyed. Those are the ones I can recall. I don't remember any good ones. I stopped dreaming for a while though. Or I didn't remember any of my dreams.

I started college in the fall, and I started dreaming again back in November. I'd started taking melatonin because I was having difficulty sleeping. I think that may have been a trigger for the dreams to start up again. I started having disturbing dreams. Things that were either disturbing or terrifying. Sometimes it's like my dreams mix together. I seem to go through periods of time where I dream and then there's a lull. But those dreams; I've woken up terrified and crying several times.

The only dreams I can remember not being nightmares are when it's just one image - like looking out the dark window to see it raining, or a flash of a rainbow. They aren't actually drawn out full dreams; they're just blips.
eltay1213
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors