Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Unusually Vivid Dreams every night and a nightmare

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Unusually Vivid Dreams every night and a nightmare

Postby OneTwoThreeFour » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:39 am

I occasionally have vivid dreams, but not every night. Alas I have forgotten all but three.

The first one was that my toys had gotten a hold of my bike and were trying to kill me with it. I probably should consider this one a nightmare, but I don't remember feeling scared. The thing I remember most from the dream is I really don't want to have to throw them away after this is over. Yes, I'm middle-aged toy collector, and I'm pretty sure this dream is about me not wanting to grow up.

The nightmare I had last night was that I was trying to walk somewhere, I don't remember where, and four young men came out of no where and tried to kill me. I know that I got away from them 3 times in the dream and that they tried to kill a different way each time. One time was with a metal boomerang, another time was by forcing me to the ground and standing on the boomerang that was on my neck. One time I turned into an extremely overweight teenage boy (I'm a slightly overweight woman) and they tried to kill me with a guillotine.

At some point I made my way into a fastfood place, and I found my purse on a counter. I was not surprised when found out my electronics were stolen out of it, including my cell phone. The restaurant let me you use their phone and called 911 after trying about 3 times to get the number right. I went to my car (somehow I now had a car after walking throughout the dream and it was a convertible) I talked to the lady on the phone and out of no where a young man (they were all young men, and all darkhaired and good looking) put a knife to my neck. I tried to communicate what was going on to the lady on the phone, but I couldn't, at some point in the other dreams I remember yelling for help but I couldn't.

I went back to sleep and had a dream that I was living in the house with other people and the two things I remember were the washing machine overflowing and I pretended not to notice because I didn't want the work that would ensue from noticing and that by the bathtub there was a carton of yogurt that expired from 2009.
OneTwoThreeFour
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Unusually Vivid Dreams every night and a nightmare

Postby operatormike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 am

Dear Twelve Thirty-four,

I started on this dream site in 2009. I think I left that carton of yogurt by the bathtub. Sorry! :oops:

Seems like you have already interpreted your first dream. Who am I to argue with the dreamer?

So, last night: trying to walk somewhere...trying to get on with your life, achieve something, perhaps develop something within yourself...It would seem that you have some fear that some sort of male aggression is trying to stop you from doing so, trying to stop your emotional growth???, and that no matter how you try, you will return like a boomerang to being killed or stopped. Perhaps you want the inner fat kid to die so that you can move on and become a healthier you, emotionally and physically?

Flip to the fast food place, the temptation, for me, is to say this is about an eating problem, but my gut (yeah, a pun) tells me differently. It feels like your need for emotional or spiritual nourishment. A purse is very personal to a woman. To have your cell phone stolen sounds to me like you are afraid that someone is taking part of your identity, or something else very personal of yours. They don't take the purse, so they don't destroy you, but they take the contents...they take something you hold dear (within yourself). Oh, the number for 911 is 911. Just saying :lol: But seriously, you feel that you need help, but it is difficult for you to reach out for help, or at least to get the help that you might reach for.

All of the events seem the have the theme of fearfulness of male aggression and difficulty with getting help. You got in your car, but did you get away? No, an attractive young man put a knife to your neck.

Got to go now. Hope some of this makes some kind of sense to you.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
Thank you for praying for Barack Obama. You have saved his life! Now let us pray for President Trump. Pray he is blessed with wisdom.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors