Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Almost weekly - I cry in my sleep and wake up crying.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Almost weekly - I cry in my sleep and wake up crying.

Postby sammygirl07 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:07 am

I'm a 23 year old female. I had a fairly normal upbringing I would say. Was never beaten, hardly grounded, I was quiet and well behaved. I kept to myself even as a blossoming social child at the time. My mom is a drug addict and has been since before I was born. My dad is loving, but hard headed and tough to communicate with sometimes. I'm in a loving relationship. I have wonderful friends. I mean, besides the fact that I ran away from home when I was 17 (but safely made the desicion to return home 4.5-5 years later)

But since I can recall, I have had not exactly "night terrors" I hate to even call them nightmares. But they're extremely depressing. Almost all of my negative dreams consist of me either trying to be killed, chased (as a kid my first dream I remember was a man stabbing me at my elementary school, I woke up sitting up straight), I have lately had dreams that mostly are about my friends and boyfriend leaving me or simply making fun of me. Today I woke up and I was extremely upset, but was not crying, and after I woke up I was overwhelmed by emotion and I started crying. I had to call my mom because I just wanted to talk to her. I think I do have a lot of serious emotions I am not wanting to confront because right now there are more important things to do. One of my worst dreams that I had lately was so bad it depressed me for the entire day. I was mad at people and I was crying all day on and off. I felt like I was having a breaking point in my emotional state.

I do have an intense fear of being replaced, and I hate crying in front of anyone because I know I'm a strong girl. Does anyone else experience this to this extent? It has been more consistent in the last month however.. And this last month has been a little more rough. I'm just starting to worry because it's clearly not a good sign to be emotionally distraught in almost every dream you have almost every week? Waking up in tears? Or soon after just breaking down?
sammygirl07
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Almost weekly - I cry in my sleep and wake up crying.

Postby OneTwoThreeFour » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 am

I think you may be suppressing negative feelings from your childhood and they are coming up in your dreams because deep down you are afraid that your friends are going to treat the way you were treated as a child.
OneTwoThreeFour
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Almost weekly - I cry in my sleep and wake up crying.

Postby lukiusjohn » Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Love you, ... lol

sometimes we just go through things, ... i had run with something similar lately, for me i am sure it had something to do with the Girl i like, the most, and there is still something inside of me that still feels directed toward her, but it is like something is happening directly to my soul in a different reality, that i can not explain or fully comprehend, i give S**ts apparently, but the Bible says in some places, cry , wail , weep and moan, other places it says to get over it, that junk is for Hades, ( Hell) ... (?)

sadness took hold, i could not hardly go anywhere, just kept getting set off and sobbing, ... maybe there is just something going on in the world, that is greatly distressing, i don't know. It isn't like me to be like that, every one , well a lot of people have their sheild of faggory up against God, but the only advice i could give myself looking back, is to Love God and Love people, and keep on living. it is like we are tempted to love the beauty of tragedy more then our own souls, but it is not the way out or through, tragedy towers up, we get self absorbed in a terrible way, we are not thinking about anyone else, just how we feel, ... ???

i am a believer that the things we go through we do not go through alone, i believe Humanity is a body that we are all a part of,

So i believe that there is more going on with what you are going through, and it could quite literally be something that is preparing you for some heart break to come. i don't want to be a downer, but life is full of mysteries good and bad,
lukiusjohn
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors