Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Getting my throat slit

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Getting my throat slit

Postby NikoleVice » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:44 am

I'm not sure how many can actually help me try to interpret my dream, or if there's really anything to be interpreted, I am just very curious about a dream that I had the other night. I've always been pretty sensitive to energy and the paranormal, and this dream didn't feel like anything I really needed to worry about.

First things first, I didn't not watch anything before falling asleep, such as horror movies or anything alike. I've had that happen before, where I've watched Paranormal Activity or something, and dreamt about being Haunted, but this wasn't one of those times.

It started out with a man, whom of which I have never seen before (that I can remember), and I driving around in a car. He was my boyfriend, and I was breaking up with him because he was "unstable" and because I "couldn't keep reassuring him all the time, when he still didn't believe me." He seemed okay with the break up. The lighting was very bright and soft, the car was a red color, and nothing seemed off.

It then changed to me being in my bedroom. I was asleep, and my best friend was lying on the floor next to my bed. The lighting was extremely dark, almost hard for me to even make anything out aside from the moonlight coming in from the window, between the blinds. My "boyfriend" the came into my room, and I watched him walk over to me, and stared back at him as he hovered over my body. However I was still asleep in my dream. He then said, "If I can't have you, no one can," and slit my throat with a large, sharp knife. My dream self then woke up, gasping for air as I basically choked on my own blood. My dad then came running in, and my "boyfriend" pointed the knife at him and said, "Don't you dare think about touching her. No one can have her now." The dream lasted another minute (I suppose, at least in the dream), and I felt my arms go limp as I died, and then I woke up.

It was very weird to me and I was just curious what it meant. My mom and I are huge on attempting to interpret dreams, and I'm lucky enough to remember most of mine. So, its a fun past time, but I'm completely stumped on this one.

I've had some pretty big things happen in my life recently, and they haven't been the best of news, but I don't feel like I'm vulnerable or that I've lost my voice in something, as it usually means when your throat is slit in a dream. This dream might have also just been a nightmare just because. I absolutely LOATHE when people touch my neck and shoulders. It freaks me out, I feel vulnerable, and it makes me uncomfortable. I'm also terrified of being strangled to death.

So, maybe it was a nightmare playing on my fears or maybe it has a deeper meaning. I'm not sure. Just wanted to see if anybody had an opinion!
NikoleVice
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors