Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Shadow Man? I don't know

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Shadow Man? I don't know

Postby Lexipixel42 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:19 pm

I've only had this dream twice. The first one I was driving down the freeway at night , no other cars were around I was the only one on the road. Under the street light ahead I saw someone dressed in black with a black hood as I was getting closer right before I could pass it ,it's like I hit an invisible wall. Couldn't drive everything halted to a stop , then it came to my driver door and whispered in my ear I don't know what it said but then it shook me aggressively and I woke up shaking, I didn't see it's face.The second time I was sitting at a table in the dark in a dining room and it was sitting next to me I think it was the same thing and it wrote a number on my arm and then looked me in the eyes and screamed at me to not forget ,I couldn't understand it but that's what I feel it meant , it looked like a skeleton when it looked me in the eyes and it had normal blue eyes but the were kinda glowing , it's breath felt cold when it screamed at me in like a deep whisper it was weird, it screamed me awake.
Lexipixel42
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Your Shadow. What You don't know

Postby Superman1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 pm

It looks like in your way of freedom a light was shone on your shadow, maybe which made you hit a wall.
It shook you aggressively. Maybe you could not see your own face, or identity.
Yes this might fit with your Mysterious ocean every night dream.
And that you only dreamt this shadow one twice might mean you saw what is stopping that other dream happening.
In that one you have had since young, you were behind a light, so in a darkness or shadow.
:shock:
Here the second time was at a table where people gather, and fulfilment that dining represents.
But the shadow man was sitting next to you.
So it may involve your view of others. It looked you in the eyes, which sounds like eye contact or seeing the other, and yourself, and your ability, screaming not to forget.
Do you recall the number?
:yikes
The blue glow of the eyes looks like wanting connection to give life to what has died, maybe regarding others. Because it's cold.
The breath might suggest communication, like the deep whisper might suggest not being heard, or not hearing.
That can explain the scream of a whisper, if it means repression, and wanting to be free, which in turn explains the anger or agro.
This inner voice or feeling you may not quite understand, consciously, screams at you to wake up within.
:idea:
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors