Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Re-occuring Tidal Wave Dream

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Re-occuring Tidal Wave Dream

Postby keshiasaunders » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:26 am

I am 17 and i've recently started having dreams of tidal waves again.
I had the same thing happen for about 3 years until about a year ago, and now it's starting up again.
They are horrible, and very frightening.
They are mostly in different places, with different people and in different circumstances.

What happens in my dreams is that I am having a normal dream and then start becoming paranoid and keep looking up into the sky, then seeing a tidal wave, I run and try and get the people im with to run with me to the highest point there is, like a tall building or a cliff, and i always survive.
Most of the time, most of the people I am with survive too, but the dreams are terrifying...sometimes I wake myself up crying.

I don't really understand, can anyone help, or tell me what these dreams mean?
Thank you for reading.
keshiasaunders

Re: Re-occuring Tidal Wave Dream

Postby miss kimmins » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:26 am

im in the same boat as you ... im also 17 ...and hav been having them dreams for a while now..
if ya do find out wa it means cud ya keep me posted!
miss kimmins

Postby conundrum_dragon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 am

What is going on in your life?? Do you feel over whelmed by anything..like so much is going on and it is crushing you? :?

just an idea
Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.
conundrum_dragon
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby keshiasaunders » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:04 pm

i will keep you posted =]

i don't know :/ aparently on this website it means that i have a deep emotional issue that i keep bottled up.
i don't want them to keep happening though, they're really scary.
and i don't know how to solve the emotional issue.
keshiasaunders

Postby chikitita » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:36 am

Tidel waves in my dreams signify some approching huge unexpected change and in some ways traumatic, i think you must have had something happen to you in the past that you are terrifyied it will happen again...don't look back and even if obstacles appear tidalwaves come and then they go...you will ok no matter what.
chikitita

Postby missellie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:56 am

To be able to make sense of your dreams you have to look at all the aspects of the dream, what else was happening within the dream it will tell you or us what is surruonding you to enable us to desipher what is causing it. The Tidal Wave is only a small part of the fuller picture. Ellie
missellie
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby keshiasaunders » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks for your oppinions and advise everyone :)
But I think it's about my dad kindof abandoning me.
I just want to know a way of making them stop? :?
keshiasaunders

Postby missellie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:07 am

To make them stop you have to face the issue that is bringing you so much pain, in your case it is the pent up emotions of your father abandoning you. I do not know your circumstances, whether your father has left your mother recently or in the past? but it is having an affect on you. Either you see your dad or your mother and tell them what you are feeling or seeing a counsellor may help.
Sometimes when a marriage splits the children feel abandoned and blame themselves for the break up and parents are so caught up in their own problems that they do not really realise what effect it is having on their children. Be open with somebody who you trust and can give you good advice on what has happened and how you feel inside about it. By bottling these emotions it will just get worse for you. Hope this helps. Ellie
missellie
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby ChaChaCha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I have these dreams too, for a little over a year now. Mine are almost identical to yours in that I always have to run and climb something to survive but no one will believe me that they need to run. They almost always take place in Seattle, where I have never actually been in my waking life, and I always end up on top of the Space Needle with the water reaching almost all the way up. You may have tapped into the collective unconscious and the dream could actually be literal. The reason I say this is from listening to Coast to Coast AM and many psychics, dream interpreters, etc have described this exact dream and how many, many people are having it right now. Sure enough, someone calls in and describes dreaming of a west coast tsunami very regularly. Apparently the west coast is about due (or long overdue according to some) for a major tsunami as they have occurred there on a regular basis historically.
You can look at it either 2 ways: This is a psychic-type dream and there will really be a tsunami sometime soon (think of all the people who claimed to have dreamed of 9/11 before it happened), or all the folks who are having this dream are simply feeling drowned, helpless, etc in their current situations, which would be understandable looking at the world today. Also, my dreams always include water in some form or another. I have never had a dream without a pool, ocean, lake, river, etc and I'm not sure why, but maybe you are the same way.
ChaChaCha

Postby chikitita » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:55 am

that traumatic event of being abandoned is what you fear will happen to you if you get attached to new people or have romantic relationships. For me they stopped when i figured out no matter who comes and goes i will be ok. I WILL SURVIVE. once you put that deep in your mind the fear subsides. Tell yourself next time you have the dream you want to be holding on to a rock or somethng so the waves wash over you. In your dream try to find something to hold on to an object. it will represent your sense of self.
chikitita

Postby brandr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:58 am

I have the same dream - it started 5 years ago and I have it a few times a year. I'm usually in London when the tidal wave hits, but it varies occasionally. It's interesting that two of you are 17 - you could be indigo children. Google it and see :)

btw I'm 30 and therefore not an indigo child, but I think there's something in this collective unconscious dream idea, with 2012 coming up and everyone talking about the Mayan apocalypse. We could all be picking it up from the media and a tidal wave is a pretty good representation of something that could wipe out civilization as we know it.
brandr
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby hope » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:47 pm

mine are a bit worse. i 've had them ever since i was a little girl. the wave comes and i'm under water. I see people, their belongings, chairs, tables, money, pets all in the mix. it is gloomy and chaotic. I always survive them because I am either a good swimmer, or in crazier cases, I elevate myself above the chaos (not exactly flying, rather hanging in the air above disaster). However I know that I am not dead.
hope

Postby Paradox » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:26 am

I have had the tidal wave dream 2 times in the last 4 nights now. The first time, I was under a bridge in Northern Ireland (where I have never been) with 3 of my friends, I was also near a beach and a huge tidal wave came at us. It killed one of my friends and me and the other two climbed to the top of a hill where a few survivors were, walking round like zombies.

My latest dream (last night) involved 2 tidal waves, once which very slowly approached my house and me and my mum (I'm 15) ran back to my house to try and board it up before the water could destroy the house. However, I ran but didn't come back to my house, instead I appeared by my school. A second, much larger flood occured and I took shelter in a shack near my school (which actually exists) with a girl who I haven't talked to for around a year. The flood destroyed 4 or 5 houses and got underneath the road causing an 'earthquake' effect with all the road cracking apart. I then woke up. What does this mean? It hasn't particularly scared me but it must be trying to tell me something.

Thanks, Ryan.
Paradox
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors