Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recent nightmare scared me silly.

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recent nightmare scared me silly.

Postby Terroreyes » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Okay so this requires some backstory into my life. I used to have seizures, for about two years due to head trauma and during any of them my eyes would flicker back and forth like REM sleep.

So I was having a bit of trouble falling asleep the other night, just wasn't tired enough but needed to be awake at a certain time to go to work and wanted a good nights rest, so I was doing my best, I didn't remember or realize that I had fallen asleep, so the beginning of the dream is pretty hazy, I remember that I was having a nightmare, my heart was pounding and I could feel that it was beating really fast, in the dream I was so frightened that I went into my housemates room and got into bed with him, I was shaking but he was too sleepy to really comfort me. I woke up in my own bed and thought "wow what a scary dream" (can't remember the exact events of it but I understand somehow that I wasn't running from anything, I was scared of something that I couldn't get away from). Suddenly, this intense feeling of terror came over me, my breathing changed, my heart started racing, beating really hard in my chest, (I was on my side sleeping) I turned around and (there's a part of the wall in my room that comes out to accommodate the chimney, it's rectangular, I will refer to it as the rectangle) there was this massive pitch black figure, I couldn't see it's legs, just the top of it's torso, head leering round the corner of the rectangle, one hand above it's head like it was crawling or about to crawl around the rectangle and the other arm more prominently positioned lower down and I could see more of it, it had massive hands that looked more like claws, it was the size of Alien from the films and kind of reminded me of Venom from Spiderman? Thing is that the creature just stayed exactly where it was, looking at me, I locked eyes with it and it didn't move a millimeter, I could see it breathing but that's about it, it didn't make a move toward or away from me. Some part of me realized the jagged psychotic smile on it's face, I felt instinctive terror rush over me in waves, I remember thinking that it couldn't be real, I had to be hallucinating or having some kind of seizure, I even considered that someone had spiked my food. This part is really hard to describe, but I'm going to try to anyway. You know when you look at a light and look away there is an after image? And everywhere you look, like if you darted your eyes around it's like a repetitive after image? I was staring wide eyed at this massively petrifying creepy Thing staring back at me and all around it there were like these flashing "afterimages" of it, I remember trying to rationalize this in my mind in the second dream, losing hope, feeling like I was losing my mind and then I was so ridiculously scared that I turned away, then tried to call out to my housemate, tried to shout or scream his name to help me, the only thing that would come out was like this stupid meek whisper, I was hoarse with fear, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get any volume into my voice, to which I passed out. I actually felt myself lose consciousness and then woke up for real. My heart was still pounding, I was drenched in sweat, my breathing was shaky and I was shaking. I was sleeping exactly the same way I had originally been sleeping in both dreams and before I fell asleep (on the same side, turned away from the rectangle) and it took me ten minutes to gather the courage to look I was so scared. Obviously there was nothing there but I can't get the image of that thing out of my head. It was extremely unsettling and still is.
Terroreyes
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors