Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Ghost knocking on a mirror

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Ghost knocking on a mirror

Postby chris1983 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Hate nightmares just had this nightmare. I remember u was cleaning an orange juice stain off of a DVD I was following my now as around this house it was half my old grandparents and half underground. We were watching tv and making some comments both nice and not too nice about a gay guy on tv who I didn't know. Anyway she turns this tv off but No want it on. It's hard to reach and as the light is off I can't even see it. She calls out "Love you" as she leaves for work she then says to our daughter that she loves her too i walk into the living room and realise that I can't find my daughter I run upstairs and I realize that my daughter is at her nnans today (this is true in my waking life btw) but now I'm at my parenta house upstairs. I'm looking in the mirror but I can't see anything (not sure why). Then I hear a knock on the bathroom mirror 2 or 3. I realize I'm at home alone I start saying "no no no" and then I turn into like a floating head I fly out of the bathroom and down the stairs towards the front door screaming then I wake up. Horrible. Is it weird that i had been home alone today and kinda been freaking out a tiny, Tiny bit un necessarily about being alone in my flat???? When I moved in 3 years ago we used to think. We saw things in the hallway like someone peeping at us in the living room but that was 3 years ago. It wasn't even remotly on my mind and hasn't been up until I have been writing this post. Plus side then we haven't seen or heard ANYTHING remotly off or creepy since then
chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Ghost knocking on a mirror to this world

Postby Superman1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm

You must have seen the person who used to live in your flat and was beheaded, who is trying to contact you.
They might want a body. That feeling of being watched back then, then this dream after nothing for so long is a bit ominous, even like an omen.
I would not play that orange DVD. It might play something you don't want to see, that wasn't originally on there. They have very reflective surfaces too, like mirrors. Don't look directly into it. I'd also be very wary of any mirrors.
Do you know any exorcists?
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Ghost knocking on a mirror

Postby chris1983 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:23 am

My poor spelling strikes again. The orange DVD is just orange juice on a DVD. I am constantly cleaning dvds that my little one wants to watch but are always out of their case so they are always dirty. I don't know the last person who lived here. Never seen them not even sure i know their name. I can "sence" when somewhere is haunted or if there is a spirit. I get a "feeling" but that's all. I can't do anything beyond that. But my daughter speaks to someone called "scarey" but only during the day time and only in here room she isn't scared of "scarey and only mentions here once every couple of weeks but this can be explained away easily but a post to explain would take too long. I know about spirits and there is no signs of spirit activity here, no oppresive feelings nothing. Is there any other explanation? Your interpretations are always spot on so you can see why I'm worried now lol.
chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: Other Explanation

Postby Superman1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Another explanation is it was April Fools!
Haha. I could interpret it properly, but I like this one so much better. I really got you!
Though you were already primed by possible ghosts.
Okay I'll try:.

A DVD might mean what is recorded in your thought or behaviour, and replayed, that you wanted to clean.
Half was perhaps a couple, if your grandparents were harmonious together as would usually be the case. Half was underground or not above the surface or visible, so possibly relating to that first idea.
A gay can usually mean too much male emphasis, in your vision, the male quality attracted to itself, that can be nice or not too nice. So maybe you don't know this about yourself, yet you do, but it's under the surface. And the TV might meant the vision you all shared or just sharing basically.

So she turns it off. The feminine side or your partner. You want it on. But the light is off or it's in darkness. "Love you" can define the female side fully, as it leaves this too-male side that might need work whose development your daughter can symbolize, also told she is loved.
The DVDs are what your little one wants to watch, so it looks like the content is about what she symbolizes you want to clean.
Yet you can't find this in your living area.
So you go higher, or into thought, and see she is at her nan's, which sounds like it connects to the half of your house above ground, in the light, was your nan's. But it's her nan so you are now in your mother's house, to find her - your mature feminine side. That can be why you don't see yourself in the mirror. If this side of you is not there, like before it went dark.

Then 2 or 3 knocks is like saying hello to this other side of you relating to others, because it's 2, if you reflect on it or see it, which can mean 3 because it's a new view.
But you realize you are alone, and you echo the knocks with, "No no no." You don't want that.
Then you turn into a floating head, which is like thought only, maybe separated from emotion or heart which the female means, or no sort of reality or ability to it. And it scared you.
So that can be why home alone that day you were freaking out a tiny bit. That under-the-surface fear.
I would wonder if 3 years ago this sort of situation happened, but then was overcome but replayed now, maybe in a way it hasn't been since then. "Someone peeping at us in the living room" might be the mind giving the message to see this area.
Or the dream might just mean your realization, or growth, or seeing more clearly a side of you that you might want to work on.
Though it might seem negative, it can be the underlying positive really.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:23 am

You bas**** you really had me going there ha ha ha. That had helped quite a bit. I will put my priest on standby and cancel my order of holy water. But weirded out by the hat comment. I guess that I don't let any "feminine side" out. Maybe that is something I need to excersise more, maybe that's why my daughter is there and maybe mum leaving is refering to my feminist not being around. Hmmmm.
chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:47 am

You bas**** you really had me going there ha ha ha. That had helped quite a bit. I will put my priest on standby and cancel my order of holy water. But weirded out by the hat comment. I guess that I don't let any "feminine side" out. Maybe that is something I need to excersise more, maybe that's why my daughter is there and maybe mum leaving is refering to my feminist not being around. Hmmmm.
chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:50 am

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:54 am

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 am

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 am

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby chris1983 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 am

chris1983
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors