Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I'm Haunted Every Night

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

I'm Haunted Every Night

Postby Tigerluver25 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:03 am

Please Help Me
My nightmares are an expansion of the suffering I had to face as a child until now. I firmly believe my conscious seeks the best, to cope, but it's still living in the past for whichever reason I can't understand why yet. In every nightmare I'm placed inside my old house, just as it was before.
I was neglected there, abandoned for days and weeks at a time, it was always dark. It has long since been torn down now; I've seen the empty property, I thought that would bring my conscious some relief and bring an end to these nightmares I keep going back to, but it doesn't. In my dreams the doors would be broken by the hinges, wouldn't lock, windows wouldn't close. In reality that was partly true for we never had locks on the doors and I never felt safe. In my dreams there's a monster outside and as I struggle to close the front door I stand face to face with the beast outside.
It doesn't stop.
I live full and well now with family who care and friends who check in on me, I don't understand why my head always brings me back to the hell from the past. I want to know why I keep going back there and what does the broken lock and the monster mean.
If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions of what I should do differently or a way to cope with this then I'm desperate to listen.
~Emily
Tigerluver25
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors