Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Exorcism Dreams

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Exorcism Dreams

Postby Confused52 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:08 pm

I was hoping you could help me with something. I had a dream a few nights ago where I was in an old abandoned church and I was exorcising demons from different animals such as mice, squirrels and rabbits. Then I saw a person, or at least what I thought was a person who seemed very powerful and I realized I needed to perform an exorcism on them. This person was dressed in a dark maroon robe with a rope tied around the waist, but really did not have a face to speak of. I assume the smaller animals were preparing me for this bigger challenge before me. I was strugging to drive the demon out of this person, and the smell of sulphur hung in the air, then I woke up and I was not scared or even alarmed. My wife had woken up and she asked me if I was ok. I assumed I was screaming in the real world like I was as I was exorcising these demons, but she said I was just talking and not loud or anything I would have expected. She did say right before I would up I got louder and used a few expletives. I cannot remember ever having a dream like this before. However, I have had several dreams where I felt as if I were being held down by some unknown force. In one of these dreams I actually physically kicked the dresser by the bed and almost broke my foot. I am in my early 50's and to be quite honest, I have struggled with my faith since 9/11. I still pray for my family and friends, but I haven't been to to a physical church in over 16 years. I am ashamed to admit that, but that is the truth. I do not know why I would have this type of dream, so I am hoping you can provide insight. I would think I would have woke up freaked out, but I was completely calm. As a side note, this is the first time I have ever felt a need to reach out to someone to help me. Thank you in advance for your opinion on this matter.
David
Confused52
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors