Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring house

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring house

Postby livingrace » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:58 am

Hi all,

I have this recurring dream that finally I was able to write down what it was. I regularly have a dream of a big house. I don't have a problem in the front of the house but there is a door with a hallway and that hallway leads to a second part of the house. For some reason, I can't go to the second part of the house because I'm so terrified. There's a woman in there. An evil one. In my dreams, I live in the house but pretend that the second part of the house isn't there, however, I am terrified with every move I make. The house feels like an aunts house, somewhere I would have known but did not live in. I don't know anyone with a house like this one in real life. I think it's my subconscious afraid of something but I can't figure it out. I regularly have this dream but always just wake up in a daze and a feeling of discomfort inside. Today,though, I woke up and it was so vivid.

I'm typically not afraid of "ghosts" as I have had experiences with spirit and I don't fear that. It feels more like straight evil. Really scary.

Any ideas?
livingrace
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring house

Postby Athanor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Although it would usually be best to have some additional general background information about you, a recurring dream means that your unconscious mind is trying to get an important message across to you about some kind of inside and/or outside problem or situation.

Usually, this type of dream won’t stop unless it is understood at least fairly well. Unfortunately, if the problem it’s talking about isn’t solved in some way, the dreams can become more upsetting over time.

The fact that the house feels like it’s an aunt’s house could be showing that maybe, various influences during your upbringing might be an underlying reason for your recurring dream.

Basically speaking, the symbolic analogy related to a house is that the latter is “shelter” against the elements and other threats on a physical and psychological level.

So overall, a house symbolizes a kind of complete system of being able to handle all aspects of everyday life with each area and room of the house representing various aspects of the personality.

In your dream, you can live fairly well in the front part of the house, meaning that you can handle most everyday things that you have to do.

But something about your personality is apparently sort of “locked away” and you’re terrified to look at it. That is, you don’t want to become aware of some part of yourself.

If we ignore something about ourselves, it’s as if it becomes “angry” with us.

This can become “evil” because, if we don’t find out what’s wrong and try to correct it, this part of ourselves can become destructive.

For example, you pretend in the dream that the other part of the house doesn’t exist but you’re terrified by every move you make.

Maybe this means that the ignored part of yourself makes you afraid, for example, of having much to do with emotions and relationships, so you avoid these things a lot.

If this is happening, it could tend to slow down your overall self-development as a person.

These are just examples and there can be other parts of yourself which you find it hard to deal with, maybe partly as mentioned because of how you were raised in childhood or if bad things happened to you then.

Anyway as mentioned, without knowing anything much about you, this way of looking at your upsetting recurring dream might not fit your personal circumstances very well, but I hope that these ideas can be helpful in some way.

Please make any comments or ask any questions about this interpretation that you’d like to.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Recurring house

Postby marjudo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:20 am

This is what I found about house in dreams.

Dreaming of seeing a house with many floors: Very big gain.
Dreaming that a house is burning: Unexpected luck.
To dream that a house is demolished: An obstacle will be dismissed.
To dream that we see a house collapse: Announcement of a death.
Dreaming of visiting or looking at a house:Ease and late wealth.
Dreaming of living on a house on stilts: You tend to run away from your responsibilities:
Dreaming of a house on an island: You will need air and sleep.
Dreaming of a forest house: Hard work awaits you.
Dreaming of an empty and sinister house: Woe and poverty.
marjudo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors