Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Re-occuring Themes

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Re-occuring Themes

Postby dudmaster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 am

My dreams are never the same but I often have a re-occurring themes. I often find myself working at an old job that I loved/hated.
Lately, I have this other bit that keeps happening; I'm trying to do something incredibly simple and I simply cannot.

Last night I had a dream I was trying to get to work,(the old job I previously worked at), but it was taking me too long. I would put on socks and they'd keep ripping. There is fighting going on at my bus stop, so I go to a friends to call a cab. I can't seem remember their address,(I like to have it ready to give over the phone). I can't dial the number because I hit the wrong keys...this goes on ad nauseum.

I've gotten the coffee dream; where I apparently can't make a cup of coffee. I'm at a banquet or something like it. I'm at the front of a big line, which is more of a blob then a line of people. I poor coffee in the cup, put in sugar and cream...opps! milk instead. Dump it out and remake it. I try again, more nervous and I spill the cup. The reasons why are always different: but the result is the same; I cannot make the damned cup of coffee!

I recently had a nightmare which was a turbo version of this particular dream theme. I won't bore you with the details, it was largely about driving a big vehicle I wasn't comfortable with. The truck was lifted and essentially a monster truck, that was standard. I was in a crowded parking lot and had to abandon it. I called my friend, for him to come get it. However he wouldn't answer his phone. The latter half of this dream was me trying to go back to the truck but constantly stopped by this or that. There is gangsters outside my house threatening me or the busses aren't running. Its always the same, I cannot complete a task.
dudmaster
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors