Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

A series of strange dreams

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

A series of strange dreams

Postby Golden Dawn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello,

I don't know of any better way to start this post, so maybe a simple greeting? Well anyway I was hoping to write about some of just what has been going on in my own life as of late. To be honest it hasn't been the best. So I thought that maybe putting it out into the public could give to me a bit of closure. Or at-least, I don't know, maybe get a different opinion, maybe even sympathy. But this is the internet so who knows what will happen.

So as of late my life has been getting, strange. Not in the sense of "you're growing up", no sort of like something is there. Watching me, reaching out to me. I don't know of any other way to put it. It started with one very strange dream. In the dream I woke up and was in some sort of factory, at-least it seemed like one. It had high ceilings and was dark, not so dark that I couldn't see but dark. Inside I noticed twelve hospital gurneys each with an IV connected to them. As I got close to them I saw people with a white sheet over them. It was strange because it looked almost like the sheet had strangled them in a way. It dipped down into their open mouths and was pulled tight around their face and neck. Like they were screaming perhaps, anyway, I made my way through the gurneys to the last one. I went up to it expected a person, then as I touched the railing I heard a soft voice. The voice said "You shouldn't have looked." Then I heard a loud boom and was woken up as my phone fell onto the floor. I have no idea what to make of it, something about it felt so real. Which is strange for me normally I never remember my dreams.

I went on to do some research and found that maybe I had been lucid dreaming? It seems strange to me and a lot of the sources point it to be more mystical then anything. I am a catholic well at least in the sense that I was raised to be one so could I really lucid dream. I don't know, it does not seem to be something that you can just do, they talked at length about meditation being the key to dreaming like that. But I don't meditate, and then there's the voice, I heard it in my ear as if something had come up right next to me. In dreams usually you hear the voice but sort of in your head like a thought. This was spoken to me and it was so soft and innocent. Which in a setting like that just seems out of place.

Also it seemed to me that out of the corner of my eye I would notice people glaring at me. Not like we happened to catch eyes but staring right at me. Watching me, on the bus, at school. Complete strangers all of the sudden just look up at me, in a way that was deliberate too. Like I had called their name, or maybe more like I just didn't belong. They keep looking down at me and I can't stand it. Maybe these dreams are putting me to on edge, I know that I have only told you about one of them but thats why I started this, I want to write them out here to keep a sort of record of whats going on. Maybe other people can comment on these dreams or maybe other people have had them too? I know it's a stretch but since this started, I feel isolated. I bought myself a nice little radio to keep at my bed side. I remember as a kid that thunder storms helped me sleep deeper. I really hope that it works because I don't want to go back to that place night after night.

Tomorrow I will try to write an update to keep better track, and I will write some more on the other dreams. I just don't want to remember that place, it's not a nice place. Even now I shudder to think about it.

Thank you very much and I hope to write again soon.
Golden Dawn
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors