Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring Night Terror

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring Night Terror

Postby pee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Made an account just to ask you guys this, I don't normally talk to anyone about this sort of thing.

So to be clear, I don't dream, I just don't and if for some reason I do I never remember them at all.

That being said, there's this dream or night terror I should say I've been having and it has haunted me since.

I'll try and keep it simple

-first thing I remember is walking around my old childhood neighborhood

-everything is very bright, I grew up the glorious high deserts

-just remember walking for I don't know how long until I'm standing in front of my childhood home

Just for a note I grew up in this house until my family got evicted, from then on I started to drift till I enlisted, anyways

-door opens and everything is pitch black inside, I walk inside

-everything is fuzzy here, all I remember is walking down the hall way to my room

-fuzzy here again, last thing I remember is seeing some crooked, bony hands pointing to something

-everything looks grainy, like an antenna TV losing its signal or a CCTV feed

-the last thing I remember, and the thing that messes with me, is hearing almost as if someone was saying it in my ear, was "You Will Be"

-wake up kicking and in a cold sweat

I mentioned I was enlisted but I saw no combat, the only time I ever came close to death/real danger was when my platoon found itself in an artillery impact zone in Kuwait and a 155lb shell blew up so close I saw shrapnel flying and felt the concussive force.

Also, I took these anti-malaria pill that was rumored to have some weird lasting effects on deployment.

So what do you think guys, what do you make of all this? It's been bothering me lately and I have no idea what to make of it.
pee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring Fear

Postby Superman1 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

The fact you recalled only this dream must be how its reality is affecting you.
The time it started would be significant, and what was going on or what changed, in you.

The childhood home might represent how it was before, with family or maybe belonging, or your origins where it was bright.
But the home was dark, fuzzy, and looking dead, pointing toward your room, as if you're losing the signal or vision, perhaps drifting after 'the family' was evicted.
"You will be" sounds right out of The Empire Strikes Back when Yoda :yo: said it to Luke who said he wasn't afraid to face the Dark Side.

At least it's not as bad as Jacob's Ladder (1990), if you've seen that. :yikes
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors