Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lost and Found

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Lost and Found

Postby passedout » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:43 am

I remember a dream from when i was seven years old, and i was wondering what it meant?
It was extremely short; i was sitting on the couch and i fell asleep, i woke up a few minutes later:

I was in a forest with a bunch of older kids, one of them -an asian girl with blond hair- suggested that we venture into a nearby cave. Nobody wanted to go in, it was so dark you couldn't see your hand if you waved it across your face. Since she still wanted to go in, she went in alone (bad idea :dummy" ), she never came back. I found my way home, finally. I opened my laptop and there was a website open labeled "lost children in the Mississippi area." (i don't even live in Mississippi :lol: )
I scrolled through a long list of children, and all of them said, "last seen: birmingham woods." I luckily had a picture of her, so i posted a report about her.
She ended up being found in France, and she was completely unconscious. Still breathing, still alive, but unconscious.

I have no idea what this means. I also used a map and a compass to find my way through the forest; i am not sure if that signifies anything.
passedout
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Lost and Found

Postby Superman1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm

I wouldn't call this dream extremely short, but your other dream called So confused... please advise! of Feb 09 extremely long, lol.

When seven, did you feel lost with older kids? Or maybe that kids always want to be part of the older group, hence the solitary Asian is foreign, blonde hair wanting the light the cave is opposite to.
But you found your way home from being lost in this poor place of darkness, where perhaps you might have even felt prejudiced against, or just left out and in the woods.
But your inner compass and map, plus what you pictured, would end up finding this side of yourself though unconscious or not in awareness, perhaps regarding love or being accepted.

Or simply, maybe you felt lost and in the dark with older kids or perhaps others your own age, and maybe just wanted to be part of them like all kids do.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors