Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Nightmare about death of my childhood best friend

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Postby WolfKnight804 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:45 am

Hi guys,

I really need some help with this one. I had a dream last night that a friend and I were fighting this guy for attacking a girl on the street. I think it may have even been his sister or someone else close to us. Anyways, He fell and hit his head and instantly died. Then suddenly he turned into a flower with the flowering part detached from its stem. I felt traumatized. So I walked away not sure what to do with my life. The guy yelled at me I guess he didnt really mean that much to me which made me in turn angry enough to come back and kill him. The cops came and when I ran I was caught but not before punching one of the cops in the face. He caught my next punch and said something like "Chill I'm on your side, we have a lot of respect for you in Brandermill, which is a neighborhood in my hometown. The cop didnt even mention I punched him to the other cops he just said he fell. I was really confused by this when I woke up this morning. Could someone help me.

Thanks

WolfKnight804
WolfKnight804
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Nightmare about death of my childhood best friend

Postby MidriusLaMort » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 pm

I feel like no one can quite analyze your dreams like you, but for me it sounds like you're maybe trying to process the pain of letting go of some aspect of your past. The death of a childhood best friend could signify the death of an aspect of your past self; maybe a part of yourself that you enjoyed but no longer serves you. Similarly, the flower becoming detached from its stem would reinforce that disconnect. The issues with the police could just mean you feel repressed in this transformation or that authority is adding additional strain on you as you're trying to mourn a part of yourself that no longer serves you.
MidriusLaMort
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby miCharles92 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:16 am

Had school and work all this week, didnt get the time to really sit down and write something out until tonight. Not the best, but hopefully not the worst. Gonna take a crack at reviewing other promos in the morning.
miCharles92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors