Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Constant nightmare, Ive hung myself with my own guts????

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Constant nightmare, Ive hung myself with my own guts????

Postby kirhtbh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:54 pm

So for the past week and a half ive been having this one nightmare,

The perspective is not my own, its through my best friend's eyes. He is walking down a long hallway and he looks out a window, you can hear the sound of rain and thunder but the window is black, nothing. The floors are made out of oak and the walls are made out of brick.

He keeps walking down the hallway and comes to a door on the left side, he hears a muffled groaning and crying and he pushes open the door, and there I am with my wrists slit open and a hole in my stomach, my intestines are pulled out of me and ive hung myself with them and my eyes are glossy and im crying.

I wake up at that point and im sweating and my face is wet from crying, can someone tell me how to fix this or what it means, I either need to stop this or have some closure, HELP!!
kirhtbh
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Constant nightmare, Ive hung myself with my own guts????

Postby operatormike » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 am

Dear Kirhtbh,

May I call you Kirt? Anyway, the fact that you are having a recurring dream points to the need to settle some issue in your life. Closure is an interesting word to choose. Perhaps something in your life requires you to get some closure. Some sort of event that is unfulfilled.

You best friend might be a clue to what this issue might be. Rain, thunder and blackness all point to a depressed or negative state of mind. Oak and brick are about the sturdiest materials you could choose to build a dream hallway with. Perhaps you have hardened your feelings to avoid confronting an inner dilemma.

A door is a passage through this hard exterior to emotions that you have buried deeper. Going to the left is a passive direction, you are allowing yourself to be led, rather than actively choosing (and going right). You have very strong feelings of pain and anxiety. You are afraid these feeling could kill you. You are calling out for help.

Is it possible for your best friend to help you? Have you discussed the dream with him? At some level you must know what your emotional needs are. This dream is screaming and crying to you to figure it out. I hope you do and find peace.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
Thank you for praying for Barack Obama. You have saved his life! Now let us pray for President Trump. Pray he is blessed with wisdom.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Re: What A Way To Go

Postby Superman1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:09 am

Or can your best friend mean him? As it's from his perspective.
Is the closure Mike spoke of with you and him? What changed a week ago?

It's like he had no view of your suffering, where you can't have fulfilment anymore or it's like a hole inside of you.
Maybe the apparent suicide means there is no bending in the handling of this, just wasted life at the moment. As you hang yourself with this waste, all making you very sad.

Obviously you already knew what it was, before posting a word.
If it's this strong relationship you have built over time, instead of torturing yourself, what do you have to lose by telling him your feelings and trying to mend things?
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors