Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring dream for 20 years

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Recurring dream for 20 years

Postby akdoob » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:29 am

I'm stood on a plain, there are no features to the landscape and it goes on for infinity (or thats how it feels) its completely dark but I can see the landscape. The a high pitched note like cheesewire through my head begins and I don't know how I can see it but I watch the tiniest grain of sand fall from the sky accompanied by this noise. As soon as the grain touches the ground the noise stops. Then, a base sound begins which feels like its gonna fill my head til it explodes and as I look up a rock beyond comprehension in size falls at the exact same rate, then as soon as its first point touches the ground it stops dead, and so does the noise. Then I wake in terror, and can't go back to sleep. This dream used to happen about 3/5 times a week from when I was 7 to when I was 20, now it occurs maybe once a month. No-one (including doctors psychologists anyone) has ever given me any insight or even attempted to. Please help.
akdoob
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring dream for 20 years

Postby Sheena » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Don't blame the doctors. They can only guide you at best. You have to do the work.
One theme is about sounds making you scared. Suggests post-traumatic from verbal abuse. Perhaps recurring each time you submit again and are triggered and cope with denial type defenses.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Terror ------------------------------------------>

Postby Superman1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:56 pm

These illustrate extremes.
First, it seems like this featureless you goes on forever, in darkness.
It's like the tiniest thing becoming excruciatingly the biggest, making you feel you will explode.
It might develop into hardship beyond comprehension.
As soon as these things touch reality, it stops. Maybe you are believing what is not real, or it doesn't become real.
Or it's just extreme fear, which is the message you woke up to.

What happened at age 7, continued through childdhood, that at 20 you may have grown out of or mostly overcome? That only a child is mostly affected by. Parents divorce, for example? Bullying? Some trauma? Or can it be a hyper-sensitivity? Or a feeling of deadness or insignificance that became extremely scary and hard?
One can't miss what something so impactful is specifically about, if your thoughts and experience are examined.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:03 am

1 likes to get down to the nitty-gritty. So if you do not think for yourself you can follow 1's bouncing ball and sing along, or color between the lines.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Recurrent.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:07 pm

recurrent.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby lukiusjohn » Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Biblically a reaccuring dream is God saying something to us, ...

to me first impression it sounds like an atomic bomb, ...or something of that nature, huge asteroid etc.

i am convinced there will be real life ramifications to a dream like this, i do not think it is purely psychological, ...

that is just me, and how i think though.
lukiusjohn
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Recurrent.
Twenty years is a long time to stay asleep.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors