Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Exploding Head Syndrome/ Lucid Screams/ Men with Axes

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Exploding Head Syndrome/ Lucid Screams/ Men with Axes

Postby samanthakmyles » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:12 am

So last night I had what I guess you would call a dream, although it felt the realest dream I've ever had.

Prologue: I fell asleep watching the lego movie with my boyfriend.

I woke up (for real) covered in sweat on my chest and turned to face the window/wall on my left side, I then fell asleep.

After I'm not sure how long, but it didn't feel long, maybe 20 minutes max, I felt as if I woke up to my boyfriends mom talking upstairs, keep in mind there is a vent on the ceiling on the side I was sleeping on.
It sounded calm as if she were maybe saying goodnight to her husband ( my boyfriends dad)
Progressively it sounded like the conversation was heating up, keep in mind I could only hear her voice talking, it sounded like it was escalating.

Then, out of no where her voice turned into a high pitch sound, almost like a vacuum from far away, it got louder and louder and louder until it couldn't possibly get any higher, then a huge explosion, it felt as if the entire house blew up.
I screamed and screamed my boyfriends name to wake up and but he couldn't hear me although he was beside me. I could also hear his mom screaming to her partner to get up and move or that something bad had just happened.

as this was going on ( i was laying on my back) I caught a glimpse outside the window.- our bedroom is on the basement floor as its a walkout, so there is a very large ground level window in the bedroom.

When I looked out side, there were men walking past the window towards the basement door outside, they were older men with curly long dark hair, each holding an axe by the stem.

This dream happened at least one more time in the same night (last night) - Does anyone have feedback on how I should be feeling? I almost dont want to fall back asleep.
samanthakmyles
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Exploding Head Syndrome/ Lucid Screams/ Men with Axes

Postby Domswallow » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi,
This sort of dream happens when you sleep in a strange place. you nodd off to sleep in bad sleeping positions with the television on and you you feel discomfort, you hear the sond of the tv, and if you sleep on your back you also get breathing difficulties. Your subconscious simply creates a dream to frighten you awake.
Domswallow
none the wiser
none the wiser

Postby mysocilode » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 am

This is very helpful for followers of this platform to get useful knowledge about different topics without waste of time. Students are fully satisfied with hire of australian essay writing service that provides perfect progresses to users.
mysocilode
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:06 pm

This dream is about ways of thinking and knowing. Exploding head - this is only in the title and not the dream - refers to the surprise and adaptation when basic core assumptions are contradicted. Axes refer to cutting things apart, detail oriented deductive left-brain reasoning.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors