Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

"Woke up" to a big black spider on my leg!

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

"Woke up" to a big black spider on my leg!

Postby PocketSand » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:06 am

I woke up in my dream in my bedroom with an itch on my thigh,and a light on from my closet too.
I thought I had gotten bitten, so I was going to check for bites.
Pulling back the blankets, there I see what looks like a Black widow spider, about the size of a softball, crawling by my ankle.
Its abdomen was striped yellow and black, like a hornet.
Over the pattern, a white skull like this http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/eb/d7/29ebd79bbc9ed65c541a8301688c68c7.jpg
I freaked out, and jumped out of the bed. Stepping out of my room, the spider kept following me, floating towards me.
I couldn't move very fast, it was almost to my face when I started yelling and screaming.
When I had woken up in real life, I was whimpering. I still had the itch on my leg, no bite marks that I can tell.

I haven't had a nightmare in years! What does it mean?
PocketSand
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: "Woke up" to a big black spider on my leg!

Postby Domswallow » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi,
It means that you had an itch on your leg. Your subconscious used the spider to wake you up. The colours and pattern were extra waking elements.
Domswallow
none the wiser
none the wiser

Postby PocketSand » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Mhmm, that's what I typed. I did indeed wake up from it. I have slept through worse.

I've also been bitten in my sleep before and have not been awakened by it.

If that's your answer, then why do nightmares wake people up? What's the real purpose of a nightmare? This nightmare?
PocketSand
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Goldmoon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:26 pm

http://www.spiritanimal.info/spider-spirit-animal/

The spider is a remarkable figure of feminine energy and creativity in the spirit animal kingdom. Spiders are characterized by the skilled weaving of intricate webs and patience in awaiting their prey. By affinity with the spider spirit animal, you may have qualities of high receptivity and creativity. Having the spider as a power animal or totem helps you tune into life’s ebbs and flows and ingeniously weave every step of your destiny.

-That is only the first paragraph of the website. - I actually find when dealing with symbolism of animals in dreams for me - the meaning is best found in looking up the animal totem. (Known as animal messengers)

To me spiders have come to mean - troubles or enemies, or otherwise friends coming to visit or creative ventures. My reaction to the spider in the dream makes a huge difference to the meaning. If shocked, startled or seemingly fearful - then it usually pertains to something negative in my life - if I am just like oh look a spider - then usually its about creative endeavors, communication or friends.

I think you will find the website interesting - and if you google spider animal totem - you will get many varied ideas on what a spider would mean.

Most likely the spider stands for something you fear - my thoughts keep going to a writer afraid to publish their works - or perhaps it is about relationships as we know the black widow spider devours her mate - it could be a fear about a bad choice of partner etc. The dream itself doesn't give many clues to what its directly related to. Sorry.
Goldmoon
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Domswallow » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 pm

PocketSand wrote:Mhmm, that's what I typed. I did indeed wake up from it. I have slept through worse.

I've also been bitten in my sleep before and have not been awakened by it.

If that's your answer, then why do nightmares wake people up? What's the real purpose of a nightmare? This nightmare?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The subconscious creates the dream or nightmare to respond and remedy needs and problems that happen during sleep. Normally, if the problem is not too serious, the dream tries to preserve the sleep by diverting the sleeper away from the problem, however if the problem happens near morning or when the sleeper had enough sleep it wakes the sleeper. A stream of negative thoughts and especially if you been bitten before and you're frightened of spiders is enough to wake you up. It is also possible that you had cramp in your leg.
Domswallow
none the wiser
none the wiser

Postby PocketSand » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:06 am

Thank you Goldmoon and DomSwallow for the replies. :)
PocketSand
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby johnsonraider » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 am

Hi Thanks for this Information friends do you know what is the Role of Spirit Animals in your life. Read here to know
johnsonraider
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors