Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Overwhelming Grief

What dream horrors are haunting you in your sleep? Do you wake up sweating, screaming, or heart pounding? Share and cope with your own disturbing nightmares here.

Overwhelming Grief

Postby Harmony54 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 pm

My sleepwalking started when I was 5 or 6. As an adult I was often awakened out of a terror and asked "what happened to you to make you dream like that" only to say I didn't know because I had no idea what I had dreamed. Fast forward and I have all of the above, plus I jump out of bed screaming from time to time, but don't remember why. 7 years ago I got a little dog as a support dog and she has trained herself to wake me out of those dreams that get "out of hand" (her words lol) and she WILL NOT STOP until I come completely awake and stay up for a while. Then we do it again.
A couple of years back things changed a bit. Since then, when I start to enter the waking state and get out of the dream state, a battle ensues. I don't know whether I really want to wake up or really wanted to NOT wake up. I started to be aware of a feeling of intense grief. I still don't remember the dreams themselves, but boy do I feel that grief!
I have taken medications to help me sleep but they've generally been more of a problem. Some make me jump out of bed and scream, as I said, and some have made me have some nasty hallucinatory "dreams". That medication only lasted 2 nights. It seems my sleep disturbances are getting worse as I get older. Is this a natural part of aging, or am I missing something here?
Harmony54
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Nightmares And Night Terrors