Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Most effective ways to gain the ability (DESPERATE)

Share your own lucid dream experiences. Discuss tips and techniques on how to induce lucid dreams and how to control/manipulate your own dreams.

Most effective ways to gain the ability (DESPERATE)

Postby SmileAreSexy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:19 pm

I've begun to want to lucid dream again and I remember trying and failing.

Here are things I tried:

* Waking up a couple of hours before you go back to sleep

* Having a dream diary (And trust me I did that for months)

* Leaving music on

None of it works and I really really want to lucid dream like all of you! What are the most effective ways to lucid dream? I'm talking really really effective ways.
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker

Re: Most effective ways to gain the ability (DESPERATE)

Postby SamZee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm certainly no expert on lucid dreaming. I do it often, but I'm usually pretty limited as to what I can do. Dreaming is about your subconscious mind, right? One way is to use that to your advantage. In your head, repeat this magic line to yourself: "Next time I'm dreaming, I want to remember to realize that I'm dreaming." Drive that sentence into the ground before you sleep. The idea is to penetrate the subconscious mind with this thought to the extent that it sustains itself. If you can do this, the thought will continue repeating and echo to your conscious mind when you start dreaming.

Another tip is to look at something, look away, then look at it again. If it changes, then it might clue you in. This next tip I've found very helpful for sustaining your lucidity. There are times when you feel the dream fading. Everything becomes less vivid, less real, less perceivable. That means you're on the verge of losing it. In order to combat this, look down at your hands. Look at both sides of them, and observe the detail. The idea here is to regain your presence in the dream. You're drifting from it, and you want to make it back so it feels real again. You'll find that when you look up, everything looks vivid and detailed again. This is also a great way to intensify your dream if it's already vague and lacking in realism.

Hope this helps. =]
Trailer: http://youtu.be/SJZ8wZrCCv0
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby Soulkiss333 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I have coin the term for my method the "Deja Vu" method. You wont find this in any text book. This is my way for the last 10 years. The funny thing is I have never had Deja Vu in waking life only in my dreams. haha

Simplest way to put it....is to start writing down your normal dreams (dream themes), esp if they seem to really caught you for any reason. You dont need to write the whole dream, so just write key words to help you remember later. Do this for a long time. Look for recurring patterns in your dreams.

There can be numbers of themes out there, I have 7 major ones.
The reason why I tell you to figure out your dream themes first is because this is already in your subconscious and to me it is easier to recognize than to try to remember turning off and on a light switch or putting something in your conscious mind in waking time to hope that when you are in your dream state (subconscious) that you will be conscious enough to remember what you were consciously trying to put in your subconscious so you can become conscious while your in your subconscious. Wow that was really confusing just to say it. It is easier to recognize your subconscious with your subconscious. It just seem hard to do something conscious while you are in the subconscious so I let the subconscious do all the work. You dont have to put anything in your subconscious because it is already there. Text books tell you the opposite and it seem to work for some. I am dyslexic so I always do stuff backwards, haha.

Once you know or familiar with your subconscious and it's theme and way it thinks it is easy to spot it when you are in a subconscious state. Like when in am in one of my dream themes I sometimes will feel something very familiar or feel Deja Vu like I have done this before or been here before, and my conscious mind will start to pick up on it and cause me to stop in my dream and look around because of this familiar feeling then I noticed hey I am in my house dream (house of time eras) or in my supermall community dream or the airport and BANG I am lucid.

Now this wont happen over night the better your familiar with your dream theme then the sooner it will happen but it can take years to know your subconscious theme. If you want to learn to do something it takes effort from you there is no quick solutions. But since my way takes a while to develop I would suggest to do what I said write key words, not just what the dream was about, but the feeling you had, the look of the dream etc. But in the meantime while you are trying to learn your themes, keep trying the text book method, try the mediation, and any other method that is practical that wont upset your daily routine too much.

Examples of dream themes
I noticed the dream had an overcast look to it, even if it was a sunny day in the dream.
I also learn I dream about a house with unlimited number of rooms a lot. "House of time era"
Sometimes I notice eye contact in dreams (that always makes me lucid instantly)
sometimes I dream of a same dream character, sometimes it is a feeling not necessary the person themself.
I also noticed I dream a lot about a supermall with 1000s of levels.
A airport in the clouds.
Look for themes in your dream.

Good luck
Last edited by Soulkiss333 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This perfect moment is brought to you by the mummified middle finger of Galileo, which is on display in a museum in Italy. May it inspire you to flip the bird at anyone who proudly embodies the kind of high level idiocy Galileo had endure."
Soulkiss333
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby SamZee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm

That's some solid advice. I know many of my lucid dreams are triggered by recurrent themes. Definitely a good idea to identify those. Whenever I'm surrounded by a lot of people or in a crowded place, I usually always become lucid. I also dream about being back in High School all the fricken time, and the same may happen. Definitely something to take advantage of.
Trailer: http://youtu.be/SJZ8wZrCCv0
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby Soulkiss333 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm

thanks
The only draw back well two draw backs is it takes time unless you are a person who dreams a lot and remember most of them and already have an idea of how you dream and the other draw back is that I dont know if you can make yourself lucid dream on any night, but about half my dreams are lucid and a good portions of my dreams go in and out of lucid dreaming. so I lucid a lot but I have never been able to be like okay tonight I am going to be lucid in my dreams. I also never control my lucid dreams like most, I could but i dont. I just absorb all the detail and see what I can learn, I do a lot of exploring etc. Once I gave myself an interview, the me that was being interview wasnt lucid but the me giving the interview was and the lucid me would just listen to my unconscious answers I was giving myself...that was strange..haha.
"This perfect moment is brought to you by the mummified middle finger of Galileo, which is on display in a museum in Italy. May it inspire you to flip the bird at anyone who proudly embodies the kind of high level idiocy Galileo had endure."
Soulkiss333
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby foreverJung » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Very original adaptation of using dream cues.
foreverJung
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby SmileAreSexy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Thank you very much especially you soulkiss. I read the whole thing, and dont worry I get it :lol:

I never expect any of my dreams. They are all extremely different but I remember them clearly. OH BTW, I think I had a partly lucid dream the other night, but it was partly a nightmayre.

So my favorite video game character of all time is Link from LoZ. I was going to school and I was the only one there. I saw a hole and decided to go down it. When I went down it, I fell into a pool of water. I started hearing voices somewhere far off in the distance. (Which I don't know how thats possible because the only exit was underwater and I couldnt possibly hear anything from that.. right?!)

I turn around and theres this dungeon with a man in shackles. I thought he was dead until I took out my binoculars and noticed he was not only alive but Link, but evil looking. He tore down the shackels and ran for the nearest exit to the right of him. He sounded like he was coming for me! I was scared out of my mind and swam for the underwater exit. I came out to this hallway on the other side of the tunnel like exit to find several floors of the office at my school. I heard Link breathing and running for me, so I sprinted down the hallways and stairs. How many times I went down the stairs I can't say. It was like that for a very long time. I would sometimes run into a corner and hear the running closer and have to turn around to find a new exit.

Heres the lucid part though.. usually when I have video game characters in my dream or theres a scary part I have a controller in my hand while Im running and I can pause or rewind what just happened to me. (Wierd I know) And I started looking for a controller. I realized that I was having a dream but I was still scared of the being coming for me so I was instinctly running down hallways because I knew the dream would end when I found the exit. I dont know why I didn't think to use my lucid abilities to change my environment or turn the whole dream over but I was scared and didn't have time to think about that possibility. The dream ended abruptly as soon as I found the exit to the concourse of my highschool. Too bright for me to see. But when I woke up I was glad I did the right thing.

I think this is a step forward. :)
SmileAreSexy
The Tiebreaker
The Tiebreaker

Postby rovert » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 pm

to soulkiss333-

you dream themes interpret you to be somebody who does not likt to be limited or held down. your a happy person who probably finds themselves wandering very often.
rovert
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Lucid Dreams